We’ve previously reported that developer DICE is interested in bringing Battlefield 3 to the upcoming Wii U console, and that they see potential in the hardware. However, now DICE’s Patrick Liu says that the developer has nothing planned for the Wii U, and that if Battlefield 3 comes to the Wii U, “it won’t be Battlefield”, as he said.
“I’m a big fan of Nintendo myself, just looking at what they’ve done with the Wii and the Wii U? but we have to come up with something that really uses their controls. And until we get that bright idea of what to do with the new controls I don’t think there’s any point in making another version that’s just the same as everyone else.
“It probably wouldn’t be Battlefield 3 anyway because the Wii U is so far out.”
Liu also said that EA CEO John Riccitello’s statements of bringing Battlefield 3 to the Wii U weren’t entire accurate. “I think what he (EA boss John Riccitello) said was that we’re looking into what we can do with the Wii U, but there is nothing planned to be honest”. Battlefield 3 will be released next week on October 25 on the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, while the Wii U is slated for a Fall 2012 release.
- Confirmed: Darksiders remaster coming to Wii
- SEGA reveals new Sonic game, coming to NX in
- Introducing the GameFans website!
- Nintendo releases trailer for the NES Classic
TAGS: Battlefield, battlefield 3, DICE, EA, Nintendo, wii u