Nintendo has revealed the Wii U hardware specs here at E3, but only the “outside” stuff such as dimensions, weight, ports, etc. Nevertheless, these are final and this is how the console will end up. Without further ado, here are the specifications, according to Nintendo:
Wii U hardware specs
- 1.8″ tall, 6.8″ long, 10.5″ deep
- Weight: 1.5 KG (3.4 lbs)
- Colors: Black and White, Wii U supports two GamePads
- GamePad has 6.2 inch 16:9 widescreen dsiplay, weighs 500 gram (1.1 lbs)
- Wii U CPU: multi-core IBM Power based processor
- Wii U GPU: AMD Radeon high definition graphics processor
- Supports internal flash memory (no mention of how much, could vary depending on model)
- Supports Wii and Wii U optical discs
- 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p support
- Cables included: HDMI, Wii D-terminal, Component video, RGB, S-video stereo AV, and Wii AV cables
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 2 rear USB ports, supports LAN via USB dongle. Two front USB ports.
And that’s about it. Notice that these Wii U hardware specs from Nintendo didn’t include any specific details on the processor, graphics, or RAM — we’ll have to wait for later to get that sort Wii U Hardware information. And the hardware information will most likely come from third party developers once the NDA is lifted (maybe after E3). For the rumored intenrla specs, chekc out our Wii U specs page.
- 5 cool secrets in the new Mario Kart 8 DLC Pa
- Xenoblade Chronicles X presentation live!
- More SNES games on Wii U unlikely, says Natsume
- Silver Mario amiibo coming May 29?
TAGS: hardware, wii u hardware, wii u specs