The Wii U eShop will offer digital downloads of full games and indie titles, in addition to DLC and other gaming related purchases. Nintendo has announced that users will have three ways of purchasing content on the Wii U eShop. The three purchase options are valid for both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS.
- Purchase directly at the Wii U eShop via credit card.
- Purchase via a download code that you have received or bought from someone.
- Pre-paid download cards that can be purchased in video game stores and online.
Nintendo hasn’t revealed much about possible Wii U eShop prices, only that full retail games will be offered at launch. The company is rumored to be offering “insane incentives” to publishers to put their games on the eShop. Nintendo is also expected to offer their own first party Wii U games on the eShop, titles such as Pikmin 3 and Nintendo Land. It’s unknown whether the Wii U will stick with the “Nintendo Points” from the original Wii, or if prices will simply be shown in local currency.
Via Nintendo Japan
- GameStop exclusive Bowser & Toad Wii Remotes
- Miyamoto will be attending Mario's 30th anniversary festival
- Amazon is now selling Nintendo digital downloads
- Super Mario Maker commercial - The Shift
TAGS: digital download, wii u eshop