Over the past few months, Nintendo fans in the US have had a chance to check out the new console in various Wii U Experience events held around major cities in the country. Hundreds, if not thousands, of gamers in the US have already had a chance to play the Wii U, and now their fellow Nintendo fans in the United Kingdom will get a chance too. Nintendo just announced the “Wii U showcase tour”, which will take the Wii U across the UK.
The tour will start at the Eurogamer Expo on September 27th, and continue throughout the UK for the next few months — it’ll continue even after launch, ending with a showcase in Manchester on January 3, 2013. Gamers will get a chance to play some Wii U games and check out the system. Nintendo will also use the opportunity to showcase some new 3DS titles as well. Here’s the full list of cities and dates:
- Eurogamer Expo, London, Sep. 27 – 30
- Braehead shopping centre, Glasgow, Oct. 11 – 14
- Play Expo, Manchester, Oct. 13 – 14
- Westfield, Derby: Oct. 18 – 21
- MCM Expo, London: Oct. 26 – 28
- Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester, Nov. 1 – 4
- The Bullring, Birmingham, Nov. 8 – 11
- Westfield Stratford City, London, Nov. 15 – 18
- Metro Centre, Newcastle, Nov 22 – 25
- Gadget Show Christmas, London, Nov 30 – Dec. 2
- Westfield, London, Dec. 6 – 9
- Centre: MK, Milton Keynes, Dec. 13 – 16
- Arndale centre, Manchester, Jan 3. – 6
Wii U Daily recently got a chance to check out the Wii U in Seattle, be sure to read our full Wii U preview.
- Poi is a newly announced Wii U game gathering funds on Kickstarter
- Nintendo: "We listen to our fans instead of following industry trends"
- Super Mario Maker levels can be tricky little things
- Japan getting unique Squid Girl costume in Splatoon
TAGS: event, Nintendo UK