The Wii U eShop offers indie game developers lots of freedom to put their games up for sale, to decide the price they wish to sell at, and so on. Independent developers have responded well to the new path Nintendo is taking when it comes to digital downloads and indie games.
Which is why the Wii U launched with 6 indie games on the Wii U eShop, and several more have since been released. And many more are coming in the next few months. The developers and publishers of six indie games have revealed their release dates on the eShop:
- Bit Trip Runner 2: December 2012
- The Cave: Q1 2013
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe Q1 2013
- Rhythm Alien: Q1 2013
- Toki Tori 2: December 20, 2012
- Zen Pinball 2: December 2012
Have you purchased any indie games on the Wii U eShop? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments section!
- Mario Kart 8 championship airing on Disney XD
- New Mighty No. 9 trailer showcases different modes
- Target offering 15% off games and amiibo
- New rumor says Nintendo NX coming next year
TAGS: indie, Nintendo, wii u, wii u eshop