The update for Trine 2 that Frozenbyte has been promising has finally arrived… in Europe. This update offers improved graphics, voice chat for on-line multiplayer, Wii U Pro Controller support and German voice acting. To download the update simply start Trine 2 and you will be prompted to begin the download and installation process.
As of right now, there is still no news on the update for North American Wii U owners. We recently reported that Frozenbyte hoped for the update to be available in North America during the fourth week in January, along with the release of the Australian and New Zealand versions of the game. While the Wii U Pro Controller support and improved graphics are nice touches, the voice chat for on-line multiplayer is a must-have for this kind of game where players must work together to solve puzzles.
[Editor’s Note: Joel from Frozenbyte has taken the time to give us the full update schedule in the comments below. I’ve reproduced it here for easy access.]
Hey guys, Joel from developer Frozenbyte here. We’re having some trouble sending out a PR about this so I’ll post the important bits here:
– Update released in Europe
– Australia & New Zealand release date set to January 31 (Thursday)
– Australia & New Zealand launch discount and other details to be announced next week
– North America coming soon – not sure when exactly but hopefully won’t take too long
Sorry about the delays! I hope knowing this helps a bit in any case, and you (continue to) enjoy the game.
Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- These Zelda gift ideas will blow your mind!
- UK’s The Guardian awards Mario Kart 8 G
- Toys R Us amiibo cancellation was a technical issue
- Nintendo wins victory against patent troll
TAGS: Frozenbyte, Trine 2: Director's Cut, wii u