CNN Money, not your go-to source of gaming news and information, recently published an article called “3 things Nintendo must do to survive”, where they offer their 2 cents on what Nintendo needs to do to make the Wii U a success.
Nintendo recently announced that only 3 million Wii U consoles were shipped to retailers in 2012, and cut the fiscal year end estimates from 5.5 million to 4 million.
Basically, CNN’s 3 things are:
- Lower the price of the Wii U
- Update the Wii U firmware
- Accelerate game development
It’s hard to argue against those points, however, Nintendo has said that they have no intentions of cutting the Wii U price “for years to come”. And they’ve said that they are hard at work on a new Wii U firmware.
As for game development, CNN asks “where are Zelda, Star Fox, and Metroid”. Nintendo has always taken their time with games and isn’t known for sacrificing on quality and rushing games to the market.
- Japan has worst week of gaming sales since 2001
- RymdResa is coming to Wii U
- Nintendo's marketing campaign for Splatoon will rival Mario Kart
- Don't forget the Splatoon demo on Wii U this weekend!