This isn’t something we usually do on Wii U Daily, but given the lack of games that are available, some of you might be considering picking up The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. The game is Activision’s shoddy rip-off of a popular trend, following Daryl and Merle, the brothers from AMC’s The Walking Dead series. It’s a first person survival shooter game that has received so much negative press at its release that it’s become something of a joke. Nearly every major gaming site is bashing the game and its $50 price tag. Here are a few reviews checking out:
- Kotaku – “Worst Game I’ve Played This Year”
- Destructoid – “There’s not much to say about The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct because there’s not much of a game here.”
- IGN – 4.5
Based on these reviews, it’s probably best for Wii U owners to skip this one. Buying it doesn’t sent a message to Activision that you want more games on your Wii U, it sends the message that they shouldn’t continue making terrible cash-grab games based on popular franchises.
- 5 cool secrets in the new Mario Kart 8 DLC Pa
- Xenoblade Chronicles X presentation live!
- More SNES games on Wii U unlikely, says Natsume
- Silver Mario amiibo coming May 29?