Japanese sales tracker Media Create just released the Japanese console hardware sales numbers for last week. And unfortunately, the Wii U isn’t looking any better in Nintendo’s homeland.
The Wii U sold 9,500 units last week and came in at 6th place, behind all other consoles with the exception for the Xbox 360 and the original Wii.
Nintendo’s 3DS LL (XL in the US) did quite well, finishing at the number 1 spot with almost 50,000 units sold. What’s surprising is that the Wii U was outsold by the PSP and the Vita — two Sony products that have never really sold well. Here’s the full sales chart:
- Nintendo 3DS LL (47,985 units sold)
- PlayStation Vita (27,553)
- Nintendo 3DS (21,454)
- PlayStation 3 (20,676)
- PSP (12,721)
- Wii U (9,539)
- Wii (1,323)
- Xbox 360 (543)
- Pokken Tournament has a water stage
- Apex 2015 halted due to roof collapse
- Frogmind's Badland is headed to Wii U
- Sega is restructuring its business away from physical games
TAGS: japan, wii u sales