In a recent interview with ONM, Hiro Yamada hinted that an announcement concerning Retro’s secret Wii U project isn’t too far away. Yamada, creator of Metroid Prime and current supervisor over Donkey Kong Country Returns for the 3DS, gave this little teaser about the upcoming title that Reggie has called “fantastic”:
“I wonder what kind of game it is? I hope to introduce it to you in the not so distant future.”
Could this be one of the “big” games announced for Wii U during this year’s E3? Or more specifically, a Nintendo Direct, seeing as Nintendo won’t be holding a conventional E3 showing? Personally, I’m good with what ever method Nintendo decides to use in sharing what Wii U goodies are headed our way. I believe there will definitely be some other surprises announced this year and would love to hear some predictions from you guys:
1. What kind of game do you think Retro is cooking up?
2. Will their be another Nintendo franchise remake (ex. like Wind Waker HD) making its way to Wii U? If so, which one?
Let us know in the comments below!
- Mighty No. 9 could be quietly delayed until 2016
- Nintendo announces a new Splatfest for August 7
- Super Smash Bros. update balance changes
- Mario Kart 8 has 50% software to hardware sales
TAGS: Nintendo, retro studios