If you’re not receiving any notification, simply enter system settings and search for it manually. Others are having luck by triggering the notification on entrance of the eShop. We’ll warn you now though: as more and more people notice it’s live and start their downloads, estimated download times have been climbing. And we know what happens when you stop your download midway so if it’s taking a long time… leave it be!
We’ll provide a more thorough report of updates, changes, and improvements that we see from this update, but preliminary results are showing that it makes your Wii U super fast. Loading times on the Wii U have been a huge complaint, this will be a hugely pleasant surprise for current owners and give potential new Wii U gamers one less reason to keep the money in their wallet.
Head on over to Wii U Forums to see how others are faring through the update!
Update video from a Wii U Daily reader (Thanks, Brian)!
Other improvements we’re noting as they roll in:
- You can change the TV Ratio
- Japanese sales: Wii U at 7k, PlayStation still on top
- Someone has stolen all of GAME's special edition Splatoon stock
- Bloodstained Kickstarter Wii U stretch goal confirmed
- Nintendo shares its Splatoon single-player commercial
TAGS: Wii U update