If you’re not receiving any notification, simply enter system settings and search for it manually. Others are having luck by triggering the notification on entrance of the eShop. We’ll warn you now though: as more and more people notice it’s live and start their downloads, estimated download times have been climbing. And we know what happens when you stop your download midway so if it’s taking a long time… leave it be!
We’ll provide a more thorough report of updates, changes, and improvements that we see from this update, but preliminary results are showing that it makes your Wii U super fast. Loading times on the Wii U have been a huge complaint, this will be a hugely pleasant surprise for current owners and give potential new Wii U gamers one less reason to keep the money in their wallet.
Head on over to Wii U Forums to see how others are faring through the update!
Update video from a Wii U Daily reader (Thanks, Brian)!
Other improvements we’re noting as they roll in:
- You can change the TV Ratio
- Splatoon is now the bestselling eShop game in Japan
- Working with Miyamoto is nerve wracking, says Platinum Games
- Splatoon's developers discuss the level cap and character customization
- What ever happened to Nintendo’s Projec
TAGS: Wii U update