[Update: It turns out this rumor is false, folks. The person originally responsible for spreading the rumor has come clean and stated that it is just that. The name Liber Novus is taken from Red Book, a tome written by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung. Interesting approach, but it looks like we’ll have to wait until E3 for the big reveal.]
The above image is taken from a French Nintendo site, which claims to have gotten it from the GameFAQs boards. I can’t find the information anywhere else, but according to this listing, Monolith’s X project that we’ve been seeing so much about is actually called Xenoform: Episode I: Liber Novus. The listing goes into a bit further detail about the game, giving us some idea what the project could be about. Remember this is 100% rumor and unconfirmed, but the details are certainly exciting.
- Play as one of four character classes, including Soldier, Ethertech, Medic, or Elite
- Pilot the Archetype Defense System, which are mechanical suits
- Play online with up to three other players
- Explore lush environments, including valleys, dark caves, mountain peaks and temples in an open world
- Navigate menus seamlessly with the Wii U GamePad
The only gameplay footage we have for the project is what was shown in the Nintendo Direct the game was announced in, which you can see below. If this turns out to be accurate information, it looks like we have the makings of what could be something akin to Borderlands-style co-op with open world gameplay. Color me excited!
- Splatoon Wii U bundle spotted in the wild
- Will Splatoon be the next big Nintendo hit? [
- Wii console starts fire, almost burns down RV
- Super Smash Bros player has a bounty on him a
TAGS: Monolith Soft, Xenoblade, xenoform