Last week we told you about an IGN forum member called 100 Year Old Gamer who claims to work for Nintendo. This time we’ve got some more rumors for you to digest, some of them a bit more specific and a bit more far-fetched. Here they are in no particular order:
- Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Rumble U news expected with no other Pokémon games revealed.
- Yoshi Wii U is said to be a late 2013/early 2014 title.
- Games said to be at the E3 showfloor include: 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, W101, X, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
- Capcom supposedly working on a Resident Evil remake from their back catalogue.
- Nintendo wanting to continue Picross on Nintendo 3DS.
- New Star Fox title, said to be more like Lylat Wars, expected this generation.
- Star Wars expected on Wii U as “Disney likes the Wii U so far”.
- Nintendo titles to use NFC – new IP from Nintendo.
- New Animal Crossing expected, but “way off” for Wii U.
- Nintendo tried to regain Banjo Kazooie but it didn’t work.
- A Final Fantasy remake is being developed for Wii U.
- Games that will use dual GamePad controllers will be announced.
Legend of Zelda
- New Legend of Zelda is said to feature a return for past races like the Gorons, Zoras plus new additional species to encounter.
- The game is also venturing into more “RPG-like” territory without “going full out RPG”, like Skyward Sword.
Hardware Revisions and Performance
- Wii U periperhals expected this year (to connect to the GamePad).
- A New Nintendo Wii U is expected by the end of 2014 with more internal storage but Blu-ray is unknown.
- A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years.
- Denies Wii U clock-speed increases.
- Achievements and linked accounts said to be coming but “in a different way than anyone else does”.
- Nintendo working on trying to get more engines supported by Wii U.
Virtual Console Releases
- Nintendo are expected to show and highlight classic GameCube titles heading to Virtual Console.
- Online multiplayer for classic Virtual Console games isn’t likely from Nintendo but “third parties will”.
- Plans to release classic titles, like Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii U eShop is likely at some point.
Retro Studios Wii U Project
- The upcoming, untitled game from Retro Studios is said to be first-person, futuristic and “something everyone wants them to make”.
- Said to be working on a Donkey Kong track for Mario Kart Wii U.
Some of these are easier to believe than others, but how do you feel about new Wii U hardware? Do you feel if this comes to pass, that original Wii U adopters should be offered some sort of ambassador program similar to what the 3DS saw when it launched? Let us know in the comments.
- Ocarina of Time now available on Wii U
- Nintendo won't stop supporting Wii U when NX debuts
- EVO 2015 is the largest Smash tournament ever
- Why Nintendo doesn't release games in the summer?