Yesterday Nintendo announced it would be holding a pre-E3 Nintendo Direct the morning the show floor opens to show off the goods to its fans. A thread on the NeoGAF forums now has some speculation about what we’ll see during that show, so let’s take a look at what’s being speculated. Keep in mind this is 100% rumor so it should be taken with a grain of salt.
1. New Retro project is “an old Nintendo IP no one thought they’d have the guts to make but they finally did it”. Says it’s Star Tropics U.
2. 3D Mario development began after Galaxy 2 on Wii was done and brings together new levels and concepts into a HUGE world. Says one of the debated titles was “Super Mario Retroverse U”.
3. New Zelda is a mid-2015 title at the soonest. Aiming to have the game look like the tech demo from two years ago.
4. Mario Kart U is a souped up Mario Kart 7 with Miiverse integration.
5. Super Smash Bros. 4 will be unveiled with new roster additions, some unveiled during the Direct, some kept a secret.
6. Possible Wii U price cut or ambassador program for early adopters.
7. Both X and Yarn Yoshi will have trailers.
What do you think of these rumors? Let us know in the comments below!
- Wii U GameCube adapter is now back in stock
- Nintendo Store has Mario Kart 8 with Wiimote
- You can pre-order the Inkling amiibo from Walmart
- Wii U & 3DS game maintenance happening April 20
TAGS: E3, nintendo direct