Get the latest news about PS4 at PS4Daily.com and Xbox One at XboxOneDaily.com!

Some Smash Bros. characters may not return for Super Smash Bros. Wii U

super_smash_bros_wii_u

Masahiro Sakurai, the main developer for the Super Smash Bros. series, has been very outspoken this week when it comes to answering questions about the upcoming Smash Bros. game for Wii U. We know he’s considering Mewtwo and that adding characters to the game is a grueling process for him, but now he’s confirmed that all previous characters featured in the game won’t make the cut.

“We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point.”

Sakurai goes on to explain this by saying that adding characters is more of a multiplication process, as even a single addition to the roster can fundamentally change the way the entire game plays. He says the team plans on including as many characters as possible as it’s great for fans of that character and for the game. However, for characters that don’t make the cut, Sakurai has already apologized:

“But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans.”

Several fans right here on Wii U Daily have been calling for the removal of certain characters, such as Jigglypuff. What do you think? Are there any characters from the Super Smash Bros. roster that you’d like to see excluded? We always talk about inclusions but never exclusions. Let us know in the comments below.

Continue reading:

TAGS: ,



  • https://twitter.com/Onyzora Ony

    I play with Samus so, do whatever you want Sakurai.

  • Kenshin0011

    Take away Rob

    • ChiwawaBoi

      even though I play SSBB everyday, I somehow NEVER notice rob….. He needs to go

      • Brett Butler

        Clear way for MEGAMAN and DR. WILEY!!!!

        • Guest

          HEY THEY DIDINT PUT IN EGG MAN

          (not really a fan of egg man just complaing about one of your

          ideas) BUT BESIDES THE FACT EGGAMNS IS UGLY

          AND FAT AND HAS SOME really wierd stuff

          ITS THE ABILTY WE DONT WANT SOME GUY IN A SHIP

          BLASTING LASERS WHILE THROWING ROBOT AT EVERYBODY

    • Guhtere

      No! He’s one of my best!

    • Jeffery02

      With the major role he played in Subspace Emissary, I’d hate to see him go. I think that there are less worthy characters than R.O.B. to be cut. Like Toon Link since we already have Link, Falco or Wolf since we have Fox, or Ganondorf since we already have Captain Falcon. R.O.B. is at least unique and was never a copy/paste of another character.

      Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to see anyone go. I just wanted to make a point that uniqueness of the characters should be more valued. That’s why Brawl removed Young Link (Link), Pichu (Pikachu), Dr. Mario (which I think they should have as a Mario skin), and Roy (Marth). Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario, but at least he was replaced. No one has every been removed without another character to be a feasible replacement.

      • jay

        I agree but if clones return I hope they at least have unique movesets and Specials.

      • David Noble

        Like I said in my other comment, these people should be different colors for their [nearly] identical others. I really like being Falco, but there are a whole lot more people who like Fox more, especially since he is an original (which, by the way, is the only reason I think Jigglypuff should stay, because they’ve yet to remove one of the original 12).

        • BLACKendTiamat

          and his smash up + B is way OP (fox’s).

          at least in melee it was. when that 2nd kick connected and you have 60% damage at least, you were as good as dead.

      • Ryushi

        One thing I never understood is why people are so okay with Falco staying (not stating your stance on him in Smash) but are more comfortable with getting rid of Wolf. I think Wolf has a much bigger role than Falco ever did in the Star Fox series, we can’t forget Wolf is Fox’s rival, and his fighting style is completely different compared to Fox’s. You can’t play Wolf like you’d play Fox, it just doesn’t work, while with Falco there’s very little difference in how they can be used, while with Wolf it’s a whole other ballpark, that’s why when he finally came out less people used him to the point where he was actually a legitimate threat in competitive play, or even against your friends. Personally, I still find this ironic considering how similar Wolf’s move set is to Fox’s.
        Nonetheless, a rival plays a far bigger role in a series compared to a teammate, because a rival challenges the other to improve themselves, even if they’re not better than them because the other may fear they will surpass them.
        But, speaking of Star Fox, we need another ACTUAL sequel to the series.

      • BLACKendTiamat

        “NEW CHALLENGER!!!!
        !!!

        SKIPPY has come to brawl, ready to be stuck in a rut like she was half the time in the starfox games!”

        :D

        • 210stuna

          It’s Slippy you doofus

          • Jeffery02

            And Slippy is a guy too. Make it Skitty though, because that would be hilarious

    • [000]

      I just want Non-Specific Action Figure. Who’s with me?

      • Rabbi Bongstien

        That’s what i said when I saw E3 2012! I was like that dude NEEDS to be in Smash.

      • The Clockwork Being

        What if I told you that Non-Specific Action Figure is actually the new final boss of adventure mode along with other Bosses: CODENAMES-THE ULTIMATE BODY(Reggie), THE GAME MASTER(Miyamoto) and THE DECIDER(Iwata).

    • Linskarmo

      I like ROB. And I agree with Jeffery02 in that if characters must go, they should be the least unique ones.

      • Guest

        i mained ganondorf for a while.

        hes good in melee if you know when to use his smashes.

        also the best counter for fox that i found to be definite was Mario.

        my friend was an advid fox user and wrecked havoc with him.

        i mained marth at first but he sucks against fox. then i discovered that mario can beat fox no problems lol.

    • Kirbyomega

      I like Rob and I think he was cool in subspace but I agree that someone else should take his place.

    • jay

      You fuckin serious?!! I would cry if they did that.

    • Guest

      and Game & Watch.

      • Clel

        NOOO!! HE’S SO AWESOME. Love him

        • bizzy gie

          Geez. You didn’t have to downvote me.

          • Clel

            … I didn’t

        • sdmac200600

          YES! SOMEBODY WHO UNDERSTANDS

    • Levi Johansen

      I agree; he was overpowered and doesn’t really have any games.

      Also: Keep Jigglypuff!!!!!
      and add Rayman!

  • zerooooo

    Hopfully it isn’t Falco that could be removed.

    • mar laguna

      i dont think so why would they take out falco if hes one of the main characters in starfox so hes in XD

      • Jeffery02

        Then maybe they should keep Young Link since he’s THE main character of OoT, Dr. Mario since he is the mascot character of a Nintendo franchise, or Mewtwo since he is the first major Pokemon besides Pikachu. I don’t want you to think that I am trying to troll or anything, I just want to pound it home that you should expect (but not hope) any of the unconfirmed characters to be cut, especially if their move set is a clone of a more major characters moves.

        The only franchise I can see actually keeping their second character for sure is the Mario franchise and that’s because Luigi has become something of a main focus this year. It would also be kind of a shock to give him a whole year but not give him a spot in a game that he’s been apart of since the beginning. So I’m sorry Falco, I don’t want to see you go, but I am prepared for the moment that they MIGHT cut you.

        In summary, this new game will be fun, great, and I will love every minute of it, but it will also be very heart-breaking for me to remember the characters that didn’t get another chance.

      • zerooooo

        Thats what I thought. I hope we are right.

        • mar laguna

          i hope so too and i dont now ike is leaving or marth

          • BLACKendTiamat

            loved marth in melee. not so much in brawl

    • A_7

      i doubt that falco will be in since he’s basically a clone character of fox and since nintendo said they would exclude clone characters theres a good chance he’ll be cut!

      • zerooooo

        Lol the only thing cloned about Falco is his up B and final smash… He was cloned in melee but even there they felt different.

        • A_7

          what about his (right +b) (B) (B+down) (a+right) (a+down) (a+up) (jump a+up) (jump a+down) (jump a+ right) thats practically every move :|

          • zerooooo

            (B) diffrent lasers with diffrent effects, (B+down) falco throws his shield/fox holds it, (right+b) same just different distances, (a+up) falco hits with his arms and fox with his legs. Even then they have a different feel. The arials are the same but can easily change.

          • A_7

            although i agree the feel is different. The fact remains that most of their moves are pretty much identical.

          • zerooooo

            Yeah I did find the arial attacks quite similar. Not to similar in other aspects though. Look at the changes of bowser in ssb4, big changes will be made to falco if he is in. Which is a big chance they will probably have 3 star fox reps.

          • zerooooo

            Your just naming buttons. :

  • That Guy

    As a Lucas player, I am worried. Jigglypuff sounds good to me…

  • Pikachief

    I’m actually fine with the current characters. So I’ll be happy with anything :D And then Yoshi, a 2nd Pokemon, C. Falcon, Ness and at least 1 of the 2 princesses, and luigi are expected. :D

  • $41809923

    yes meta knight,jigglepuff,king dee,falco,lucas,captain falcon,ice climber,game and watch,ike,pokemon lacul,yoshi,snake, all must go cut them out please

    • NintendoFan001

      You’re an idiot. Plain and simple.

      • $41809923

        it may happen because sakuria wants new characters and nintendo is pushing wart and toad to be in the game that’s what they said so don’t shoot the messaged ok

        • Nikko Ybanez

          what is a messaged

        • NintendoFan001

          SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY!

    • sdmac200600

      The originals aren’t going so jigglypuff and yoshi is staying. If a character was in both melee and brawl, it’s a safe bet they will be in still. I just want them to keep game and watch….

      • $41809923

        read sakuria from ign he said he wants new characters yoshi and jigglepuff and game and watch are old characters so we can say that new characters will be in the game

        • sdmac200600

          So if that’s the case all the N64 originals won’t be in then. That makes no sense. The originals are staying. It’s iffy for game and watch

          • $41809923

            look at link he is from sky zelda game don’t no the name but sakuria said it on e3 nintendo website

          • sdmac200600

            Skyward Sword and he’s in because he is an original and Zelda is a very well-known franchise

          • $41809923

            ok

        • Nikko Ybanez

          Please use at least of grain of grammar, it’s hard to take you seriously

  • http://about.me/overlordror Ashley King

    I imagine if Mewtwo is included, Lucario will be dropped. As for the rest of the Pokemon roster, I’m sure Pikachu will be kept as he’s the “face” of Pokemon.

    • QuizmasterBos

      EDIT: Thanks for editing the article, Ashley.

      And on-topic, yeah, I also believe Lucario will be dropped. However, Zoroark may instead be added, we do not know for sure till later.

      • David Noble

        I’m not arguing, but why does everyone think Zoroark would be an ideal replacement for Lucario, like he was for Mewtwo?

        • QuizmasterBos

          Zoroark is the Lucario of Black and White. He’s a special Pokemon that you get via a certain way (I believe it was an egg, I could be wrong).

          Zoroark also got a movie, so he’s regarded as special, just like Lucario. That’s why everyone sees him as a replacement

          • David Noble

            Thanks! That helps lots.

    • Jeffery02

      Well all of the confirmed characters are on smashbros.com and among them is Pikachu. The confirmed characters are Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, and Kirby from SSB, Bowser from Melee, Pit from Brawl, and Mega Man, The Villager, and the Wii Fit Trainer exclusive to the new one.

      I am really hoping that they at least include Yoshi to give us the original 8 that have been in every Smash Bros so far and hopefully the full 12 of the SSB roster. People want Jigglypuff gone, but I don’t want to see a founding member go. She/he has been there from the start and has always assumed the role of the default secret character if you fail to meet the criteria for any of the other secret characters.

      • XEri0x11

        You have probably never played all of the Fire Emblem games I’m assuming right? Because any person who has played Fire Emblem knows that Roy and Marth are COMPLETELY TWO different characters. And Ganondorf to Captain Falcon? Seriously, Ganondorf is canon in the Zelda series.

        • Jeffery02

          And you must have never played Melee or Brawl because I was talking in terms of the move set given to them in Smash. The moves are identical to moves of another character and such are Smash Bros clones. My point had nothing to do with origin.

          Btw, it would be nice if you actually replied to the relevant post.

          • David Noble

            Sort of. Roy has more powerful, charge up moves, some of which deal recoil damage. For all practical purposes in smash bros, they are identical, but personally, I liked Roy better. But Marth stays, since, you know, he started. Who knows why they made ‘em so similar. Hope that clears things up.

          • Jeffery02

            I understand. I know that they at least tweaked the moves of the clones. I’m glad you seem to have gotten my point at least though.

          • BLACKendTiamat

            a good marth players only threat is fox. i would know.

            well, that, and kirbys cheap ass sucking in suicide drop move! URG!!!

    • Seth S. Scott

      Jiggles needs to stay too. Totally original character.

      • Keaton Burkhalter

        Jiggly need to go and replace with a pokemon form the 7th generation such as mewtwo in his new form

        • David Noble

          By the way, this is the beginning of the 6th generation (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, -Kalos-). So you know.

    • Levi Johansen

      I would prefer Lucario

    • BLACKendTiamat

      they should get rid of pkmn trainer. i say screw it and replace him with genesect lol.

  • eli

    rob,all the poke’, and game and watch: they could be removed

  • Brett Butler

    Scratch Lucas, Jigglypuff… my other random picks that might be cut would be Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.

    • sdmac200600

      they better not touch game and watch…………

  • eli

    i don’t want ness removed or mario character’s or fire emblem characters.

  • Maxwell Baumgarten

    Take away sonic, fine by me, I hate sonic, and I hate sonic fans. And I hate Sega. All we need are link, mario, luigi, yoshi, pikachu, mewtwo, donkey kong, either marth or Chrom, ness, villager, Megaman, wii fit, bowser, Samus, captain falcon, and maybe toon link because of wwhd

    • Im not saying you’re wrong but

      people like you are the bane of my existence

  • URTV

    Good bye Ice Climbers!

    • ChiwawaBoi

      iceclimbers?! I dont mean to brag, but I was pretty bad ass with them. :P

  • Rick van der Linde

    I’m a Peach player, so I guess I’m good.

    • A_7

      Peach hasn’t been confirmed yet :|

      • Rick van der Linde

        It’s a guess. I mean, she’s one of the few female fighters and one of the main Nintendo characters, they wouldn’ cut that, would they? :(

        • A_7

          Dont get me wrong i would love for her to come back. Heck, i always pick peach in brawl just to piss off my brothers :P it seems unlikely that they would cut her i’m just surprised they haven’t confirmed her yet!

          • Guest

            The fact that Peach isn’t confirmed isn’t too suprising to me. It took a very long while for Yoshi to be confirmed for Brawl.

          • A_7

            weren’t yoshi and peach both in the veteran fighters section in smash bros dojo! those were the first characters to be revealed.

          • Infernofire

            Yoshi has always been my main, so I’m pretty sure about him.
            Yoshi and Peach were both absent in the E3 2006 trailer, so they were definitely not the first characters to be revealed.

          • jay

            I swear Yoshi was in that trailer using his special.

          • Infernofire

            Where? :P

            After a little bit of research it seems that he was shown rather late (somewhere in 2007), but the yoshi’s Island level was shown in a certain trailer in 2006.
            So that made it very likely.

          • Infernofire

            If I’ve learned anything from the release of Brawl, it is that there’s no real logic in the order in which characters are revealed.
            For example, Yoshi was one of the later characters to be revealed for Brawl, while it would have been really weird if he wasn’t in the Brawl (since he was in Smash Original and Melee).

          • jay

            Thank Yoshi’s Story for that. If it weren’t for that game we probably would’ve never seen Yoshi in Smash Bros.

          • Infernofire

            Nah, yoshi had a lot of games of his own back in the SNES days. As for the N64 era, he was pretty absent, except for Yoshi’s story. So you’re probably right about that.

      • sdmac200600

        But she is a smash original. She all but confirmed.

        • Adrian

          No she isn’t, smash started on 64 man. That’s my territory :).

          • sdmac200600

            I could have sworn she was in the first one…either way, she still isn’t going as Peach is a VERY well-known character in the smash universe and in the world.

          • jay

            She isn’t an original, But she sure as hell ain’t going anywhere

        • Kirbyomega

          Actually she wasn’t in the original smash. It was Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Samus, Fox, Ness, Yoshi, Link, and Donkey Kong.

          • sdmac200600

            Well either way, she is VERY relevant in the Nintendo community. She will be in the next next.

          • Kirbyomega

            Peach is pretty much confirmed though as she is a Mario character and also she’s playable in Super Mario 3D World.

    • jay

      I WAS until Brawl where her special did more damage to me than good.

      If they rework her special I’ll definitely use her again!

      • Rick van der Linde

        Well I have to admit I’m talking about Melee, because when I got Brawl I lived somewhere else with people that didn’t like SSB :(

  • Billy Hogan

    If its melee jigglypuff then she needs to stay.

    Lucario, Ike (replace with Roy) ROB would be good choices to get rid of

  • Kaihaku

    I think that Snake will be one of the ones to go considering that Metal Gear Solid games never really materialized on the Wii/Wii U.

    Considering Sega’s recent exclusivity agreement with Nintendo I think that it’s guaranteed that Sonic will be returning.

    • mar laguna

      yes with sonic the lost world and as a esclusive its obious

    • Noteak

      My brother is older brother is going to be sad about snake leaving, he was best with him.

  • TheImaj

    Man I loved that they announced this game and all. I’m getting it day one for sure.. But now with all the articles and interviews? I wish the release date was a LOT sooner! I just don’t want the hype to die down.. Its almost like Nintendo said “look what WE’VE got coming…..in 2017!” <—–(mild exaggeration). Like I said I'm hype about all the games coming. I just wish it was a lot sooner! Or I wish they would held off on announcing! Its torture!

  • $41809923

    now these characters maybe in the game dxk,ddk,one other kong,toad,peach,wart,wario,wlugia,chome,thaja,marth,rob,ray from contosm robo,ness,fairy pokemon,mewtwo x and y pokemon,crystal,wolf,general scales,wave race character,mike from star topical these characters will be in the game their might be more too

    • Nikko Ybanez

      I don’t think a TARDIS could even translate what you just typed

  • Michael Jurado

    I have mega man now I could care less what you do with the roster

    • BLACKendTiamat

      megaman looks so awesome! im glad they are using his oldschool styled movements and what not. such a smart move. Now, more than ever, im craving a new megaman game lol. they just need to bring back the old charm is all

      • JB

        100% Agree! I think Nintendo should throw money Capcom’s way and publish a proper Megaman game.

  • KnuckleS

    Why would anybody want characters to be cut from the game? More characters = more diveristy = more fun. They need to invest more in this game and take the time required to put a decent amount of characters. I’d rather see a 2015 release with 75 characters than a 2014 release with only 40.

    Even better: Release a new DLC character or two every month for a couple of years. Sell them 5$ each and make a ton of money.

    I hate rob BTW. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to see him back.

  • sdmac200600

    Theres no doubt that the original 8 will stay. Just keep game and watch…..

  • Yoshiwhirlwind

    What did jigglypuff do to you? Leave original N64 characters out of the cut. Characters like wolf, Ike, dedede, and rob should get cut.

    • sdmac200600

      The originals will always be untouched. None has missed a smash yet so it’s pretty much guarunteed they are staying

    • Seth S. Scott

      yes yes yes. just posted a similar thing and then read yours. Wolf, Dedede and Rob would be OK. Ike I thought was cool but I would be DEVASTATED if Jiggles got the axe.

      • David Noble

        Chances are, they will replace Ike with the character from the most recent FE game (which right now is Chrom). After all, they Roy was from the most recent game before Melee, and they replaced him with Ike, the most recent main character before Brawl. Ike was awesome, though, and I would like to see Marth, Ike, and Chrom, as unlikely as it is.

  • Mario

    So sad. But at the same time, it’s understandable. It’s not easy to choose which characters should be in the game. I mean, If I was on his shoes, I too would have difficulty choosing the characters. (P.S., I think Sonic should be in this game.)

  • Luis Gonzalez

    If they can’t bring everything they want to the final game, I hope they consider DLC. With DLC they can bring more characters, levels and content. I would not mind paying for extra content. It will expand replayilibity.

    • Leafeon

      yep if they dont have enough time to recreate all characters by the release data they can add them later with DLC and everyone will buy it

      • Nikko Ybanez

        Nintendo should just delay the game if they can’t make it. Don’t want to pay extra money for an unfinished game.

        • Leafeon

          Dude the game is already coming out late enough nintendo needs to release as many first party title as possible as fast as possible to boost wii u sales so NO MORE DELAYS stuff can be added with updates after plus since there will only be 1 smash game there is plenty time to make dlc if u dont want to that well dont buy the dlc thats all

          • Nikko Ybanez

            Right… because games made as fast as possible are usually the really good games that save consoles!!!

  • Guhtere

    Olimar should go. He’s the worst character.

    • Nikko Ybanez

      Why’s that?

    • http://www.facebook.com/benjamin.moberly Benjamin Moberly

      Olimar is awesome D:

    • Javier Smith

      Strongly disagree.

    • Cameron

      Very much disagree. He was my main in brawl, and I even won several unofficial tourneys as him.

  • Nicolas Dorion

    they can remove ROB, wolf but JIGGLYPUFF CAN BURN IN HELL AND MAY WE NEVER HEAR OF THIS POKEMON AGAIN also i would like if toon link instead of being a distinct character from link was just a skin, like the classic suit for wario

  • Razo_E

    I am a Wolf user. He is my power user.

  • A_7

    toon link, R.O.B, mr.game and watch, lucario, wolf, dedede, ike, luigi, diddy kong, gandorf, olimar, wario, ice climbers, falco, snake, pokemon trainer ….. GOTS TO GO! so that theres more room for new characters do U really want to play with the same characters again?!

    • sdmac200600

      Game and watch is my main so yes…

      • A_7

        maybe u’ll hav a new main with all the new characters yet to be revealed.

        • sdmac200600

          I may have to go to my second main which is luigi.

    • Lusunup

      You do release half of what you said ain’t going to happen wario, olimar, game & watch, luigi all have a game coming out so why would they remove such big stars? and also Luigi???come on he’s the best!:D

    • Nikko Ybanez

      Why must they go? That’s a bunch of characters, and I doubt Sakurai would do that.

      • A_7

        Sakurai did say that he wants to make room for new characters, so at least half of those will be cut.

    • Cameron

      Not Olimar…

      I wanted Olimar in Melee, if they take him out I’ll have to find a new main.

      • A_7

        i hav to say Olimar is probably the hardest character to master. i didn’t really like him. besides he is a guest character in brawl so i doubt they’ll bring him back.

        • Cameron

          He wasn’t a guest character, and he wasn’t that hard to get a hold of. I think you’re thinking of snake.

          Olimar was Pikmin’s first rep in Smash, and if they don’t get another one I’ll be a little upset.

          • http://www.facebook.com/benjamin.moberly Benjamin Moberly

            I think a Pikmin character will be in the next Smash seeing as how Pikmin IS getting a new game. Not sure about Olimar though :(

          • Javier Smith

            Either Olimar or Alph will be there, of that you can be sure.

            Which is great! I love me some Pikmin!

  • Javier Smith

    Characters I wouldn’t mind saying farewell to:

    R.O.B., Wolf, Toon Link, Jigglypuff (not gonna get cut though), DeDeDe, Snake (even though he is my main), Ike, Lucario

    Characters I want added from Nintendo’s vault:

    Little Mac, Mach Rider, Mike Jones (StarTropics), Shulk, Majora’s Mask Link, FLUDD Bros. (alt transformation for each brother like Zelda/Sheik), Mewtwo

    Possible Sega Additions:

    Knuckles, Tails

    • Javier Smith

      also, I know that Majora’s Mask Link is not likely, but at least have Link from Twilight Princess be able to transform into Wolf Link (another unlikely possibility)

  • Stephen Davis

    Please don’t take away Solid Snake Nintendo!

    • Javier Smith

      I agree, it would suck. But it’s not Nintendo’s decision.

      • Michael Ocampo

        Actually it goes both ways because Konami begged for Snake to be in melee but I honestly don’t know whether it was a shortage of time or resources that they only put him in Brawl.

      • David Noble

        Nintendo might not want to make 3rd party existance a need for Smash Bros. Snake is cool, but it should be understood that at some point (and we really can’t tell what point that is) Nintendo will need to remove the him so that a non-Nintendo character doesn’t become key to a Nintendo Battle game.

    • http://people.ign.com/kevinxdxd kevinxDxD

      I agree. But i thought Solid Snake isnt from Nintendo? I thought it was just a “Guest” character like Sonic (which is from Sega.)

    • Guest

      I hope they do. Snake does not deserve to be in Smash. Konami and Kojima need to announce MGS5 on the Wii U or he doesn’t return. Why should Nintendo support them if they won’t support Nintendo?

  • Guest

    Why was my comment deleted? I didn’t say anything inappropriate or spamish, did I?

  • luigiman2z

    Please take away Rob, Snake, Wolf, King Dedede, Falco, and Mr. Game & Watch.

    • sdmac200600

      game and watch needs to stay. If not then just make him DLC but he needs to be in the game.

  • Javier Smith

    Also bring Ridley to the game.

    No he’s NOT too big, get over it people.

    (also my bad about the comment, it wasn’t deleted)

    • sdmac200600

      You can’t have 4 ridleys on a stage like final destination. He’s too big. Did you play SSE? He’s freaking huge dude.

      • Javier Smith

        Yes I did. I understand the argument, but I disagree with it:

        I’m aware it’s conventional wisdom to say he’s TOO BIG but really that’s completely irrational.

        1. Ridley is about the same size as Samus in the original Metroid.

        2. In fact, most Nintendo villains have changed size from game to game. There is no “true” size for these villains, it’s all relative. Remember Bowser in Mario 64?

        3. Ridley was represented as approximately Samus’ height in the intro video of Smash Bros Melee

        4. You can still make him a larger character in the game, similar to King DeDeDe, Bowser, Charizard, Donkey Kong

        5. He’s the number ONE requested character

        • Guest

          1. But in all the games after the original, he was much larger with the exception of one or 2 of them.
          2. Bowser has had difference variations and sizes since the original. Ridley has just been getting bigger and bigger.
          3. You got me there.
          4. You can fit four of those characters on final destination. There’s no problem with their size. it really a matter of if you can fit for of said character on one stage.
          5. Megaman was but I see what you are getting at.

          • Javier Smith

            You make good points, an I’m not going to throw a tantrum if he doesn’t show up.

            I just want people to understand my rationale and why I think it’s possible. And he’s still my most wanted character.

          • Javier Smith

            yea so just to re-iterate, EVERY Bowser in EVERY main Mario game has been massive. And yet he gets in no problem. There’s no excuse.

          • Javier Smith

            just seems like logic never wins in these arguments, only conventional wisdom.

          • Javier Smith

            1. True

            2. Almost every 3D Mario game Bowser has been MASSIVE. Including Mario Galaxy games, yet he appears normal size in Smash and Kart.

            3. —

            4. But again, each character could be many variations in size. Charizard is much larger in the cartoon, and Donkey Kong was huge in Donkey Kong 1,2 and 3 (the arcade games)

            5. —

            .

          • Javier Smith

            yea actually EVERY 3D Mario game has Bowser HUGE so there’s no excuse.

          • sdmac200600

            I don’t know why they made me post that as a guest but whatever

            1.—

            2. Still Bowser still have many iterations of him not so large. He can be shown normal sized in Mario Kart and Smash because he has different variations. It would be different if Ridley was huge in Super Metroid but then small in, IDK, Other M (I haven’t played a metroid for sometime so I don’t even know if he’s in there) Also Bowser had something that made him huge in all the 3D Mario games. Ridley is just big by himself.

            3. —

            4. They only made Charizard smaller because they wanted to have all the gen one starters in the game. We won’t be seeing Charizard anymore unless he’s inside a pokeball for any layer to pick up. Donkey Kong is doing the exact opposite of Ridley. He’s getting smaller every game. In DKCR he is not that big at all.

            5.—

          • Javier Smith

            Okay, may as well keep this going

            1. —

            2. My point is really the only iterations Bowser has been normal size are in crossovers. Seriously, I even thought NSMB was an exception, but below you can see that’s obviously not the case. Only one game I can think of and that is Paper Mario.

            3. —

            4. The fact that they resized Charizard at all proves my point — it’s a video game. Scale can be somewhat compromised for the sake of balance. Charizard is a great addition, and I hope he returns. So is Bowser.

            I disagree with your comment about DK. He only changed size once really, that was the transition between the arcade games and the Country series. He is just small now. But Bowser, one could say is just “big” now. Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be in Smash.

            5. —

          • sdmac200600

            1. —

            2. Bowser got that way because Kammy Koopa did her magic thing to make him that size He was Nowhere near as big when you first enter the fight. When you first enter the fight, he is just about the same size he is in the smash games. So you can’t really use this picture in your argument. It proves my point that Bowser has different variations of him.

            3. —

            4. Charizard is not originally a video game character thus doesn’t have to be the same size he is in the anime. Ridley, on the other hand, Is solely a video game character and unless he goes through different variations like Bowser, it would make no sense to have him smaller than what he really is.

            My point with DK was that he is smaller than what was was in the past so he can fit within the size limits due to him getting smaller as time went on.

            5. —

          • Javier Smith

            1. —

            2. Ok, never really played 2D Marios too heavily. Still, these pics from both DS and Wii versions still show his default version as massive, about the same size as the 3D games. In Brawl, Mario is almost half his size. But in 2D and 3D Mario games, Mario is about the size of his foot.

            3. —

            4. Charizard IS originally a video game character. The game came before the anime.

            DK easily fits size constraints because he is small “now”. My point with Bowser is he is big “now” (meaning in every game in the last decade that isn’t a crossover or spinoff).

            I understand Ridley has been big in most games in the last decade, so has Bowser.

            5. —

          • Javier Smith

            also, we don’t have to keep beating a dead horse. i understand your reasons, i used to feel the same way.

          • Javier Smith

            and it won’t really bother me if he doesn’t make it.

          • sdmac200600

            1.—

            2. Looking at those pictures, I do agree that yes he is decently sized in smash and huge in the series. However, you are excluding the spin-offs and I can understand why you are since they aren’t part of the Mario series in a way. Those are the variations I were referring to. He has different sizes throughout every game that has Mario’s name on it. That’s the reason as to why they can use him in Smash due to those variations of him being about the size he is in Smash. (this pretty much goes with #4 para 2 so I’m not gonna repeat myself for #4 para 2)

            3.—

            4. Ok, I didn’t know that Pokemon was originally a game so I’ll give you that one.

            You have me there but this is what you have to realize. The Mario universe is HEAVILY represented in Smash. Dang near a 1/3 of melee and brawl has had characters that has been significant in the Mario universe. You can’t have all those Mario characters represented but then not have Bowser. It wouldn’t make since. Metroid is only represented by one character, Samus. Now I would love to have another person to represent the Metroid universe but Ridley would be overkill.

            5.—

          • Javier Smith

            Okay… so Mario is heavily represented with over five characters but adding the only other recognizable character besides Samus from Metroid (save for Mother Brain herself) is overkill?

          • sdmac200600

            Not overkill in the sense you are using. Overkill in the way of having such a big character being the only other character to represent Metroid. If Metroid was represent with a variety of characters like the Mario franchise Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK*, Yoshi and Wario**) then it would be acceptable to have the main villain of the series who has different variations of him (Bowser) as that villain more than likely has made contact with said characters within that franchise.***

            * I know DK had his own games before Mario was a franchise but Jumpman is Mario.

            ** I don’t know exactly the story of Wario but he was in SMW2

            *** Not sure if DK and Wario has made an encounter with Bowser

        • sdmac200600

          (Reposting to put in pictures)
          1. But in all the games after the original, he was much larger with the exception of one or 2 of them.
          2. Bowser has had difference variations and sizes since the original. Ridley has just been getting bigger and bigger.
          3. You got me there.
          4. You can fit four of those characters on final destination. There’s no problem with their size. it really a matter of if you can fit for of said character on one stage.
          5. Megaman was but I see what you are getting at

  • jc

    Please keep the Pokemon trainer!

    • Javier Smith

      Yes! I love the Pkmn Trainer and he represents the prime pokemon in my opinion. Just bring him back, please!

      • saalfr

        oshowat instead of pikachu

  • Ben Ifits

    Toon gannondorf with his dual katanas!! So sick of him being a palate swap for captain falcon….

  • Adrian

    No, the person who called for removing Jigglypuff was stupid. No cool people are requesting this.

    • $41809923

      well somebody is and sakuria is doing it

    • [000]

      I always thought Jigglypuff was a bit too much like Kirby.

      • Nikko Ybanez

        In looks, but they are completely different characters.

  • babulibaba

    we need to add maxwell from scribblenauts into this game fo sho

  • $41809923

    little mac is in the game in the form of the villager look at his moves picture on super smash bros website and for the last third party character it maybe xeno game character or dragon character from skylanders but i hope it might be sonic but don’t think so

    • Javier Smith

      yea thats cool, but id rather have little mac. the villager doesn’t have much personality imo, would rather have tom nook.

      it’s sad that there’s no balloon fighter because of villager, no little mac because of villager, who else are they going to replace? villager does not represent everything nintendo. he just represents one game.

      i want little mac.

  • A_7

    As long as pikachu’s in i’m Happy :D

  • Streakin-Cobra

    Just give us the ones you cant give us now for DLC

    • $41809923

      sakuria said no dlc it from ign website

      • Im not saying you’re wrong but

        he said they aren’t working on it right now, he said he was going to focus on finishing the main parts of the game and then see if they can make some DLC later

  • Infernofire

    Thus we have confirmed:
    Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Pit, Bowser, Villager, Megaman, Wii fit trainer.

    The following characters will very likely be in the game:
    Luigi, because of the year of Luigi.
    Peach, because of the shortage of real female fighters.
    Yoshi, because of Yoshi’s new Island and Yarn Yoshi, he’s still very relevant.
    Ness, because Earthbound will be rereleased in the west soon and he was present in the original Smash Bros.

    The following characters will likely be in the game:
    Marth, because he the flagship character of the fire emblem series and was featured
    in FE: Awakening.
    Zelda and Ganondorf, because of the Triforce.
    Wario, because of Game&Wario, and because he fits perfectly in the ‘anything goes’
    smash bros universe.
    Captain Falcon, because of Falcon Punch.
    Jigglypuff, because she has been on the roster since the first Smash Bros.

    The following characters are somewhat likely to be in the game:
    Falco, because a whole lot of people like him.
    Ice Climbers, because they’re so unique.
    Sonic, because of Sonic Lost World (and Olympic Games) and because he fits in.
    Mewtwo, because he’s in X and Y. Moreover, he was mentioned by Sakurai.
    Diddy Kong, because of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.
    Meta Knight, because Kirby needs a nemesis.

    The following characters are less likely to be in the game:
    Olimar, because Pikmin is big this year, but Olimar doesn’t seem to be the main
    character in Pikmin 3, so I’m sceptical.
    Toon Link, because of Wind Waker HD. He’s quite similar to Link though.
    King Dedede, less likely than Meta Knight, still very much possible though.
    Game&Watch, because of historical relevance and uniqueness.
    Lucas: he’s similar to Ness, but quite popular though.
    Zero Suit Samus, because Metroid is no longer as relevant as it was in the
    ‘Brawl’ days with games like M Prime 3 and M Prime Hunters.

    The following characters are very unlikely to be in the game:
    Pokemon Trainer, because creating one character is difficult enough.
    Ike was in Brawl because of the two console FE (on GC and Wii),
    where he was the main character. Those are no longer relevant.
    Snake, apart from MGS3D, he’s not really relevant and he doesn’t really fit in the
    Smash Bros universe that well.
    Wolf: having Fox, Falco and Wolf was kind of overkill.
    Lucario, because he’s not very relevant any more.
    R.O.B: He was in Brawl, because there was a trend to add him in games, like
    Mario Kart DS for example. He hasn’t been in any other game since though.

    Naturally, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu and Roy are extremely unlikely.

    • A_7

      WOW! if Ur right then we’ll be seeing a hell of alot characters from brawl.

      • $41809923

        yes i no and their are all new characters some might be old but with new looks and moves

        • Infernofire

          I’m still hoping that Ganondorf gets a completely new moveset.

    • Jeffery02

      Since Zero Suit Samus is a spawn off of her final smash, then I think that she’s a bit more likely. That would be similar to having Zelda with no Sheik transformation. Otherwise though, this is a great prediction and it was really nice that you added explanations as well.

      • Infernofire

        You have a point.
        The fact that her final smash was the only one shown in the trailer, makes me skeptical though. That could point towards a change.
        Her suit is still glowing though so who knows.

      • Madmagican

        actually you can start off playing as Zero Suit Samus
        it’s not just a result of Samus’ final smash

        • Jeffery02

          I never said that’s she ONLY a result of the final smash. I am just saying that it would be weird to have one without the other since they are inexplicably linked. Besides, do Zero Suit Samus’ final smash and you get Power Suit Samus. When you can do the final smash without transforming, THEN correct me.

          • Madmagican

            I was simply saying that you can start the match as Zero Suit Samus, but yes you’re correct in the aspect of not being able to avoid turning into regular Samus after Zero Suit’s final smash

      • Ryushi

        Zero Suit should simply stay in for the simple fact she makes a better substitute for regular Samus, even though I really, and I mean REALLY prefer Samus in her bounty hunting suit.

    • Noteak

      I hope they dont get rid of meta knight he is my best caracter

    • Mr.Rob

      I have to disagree with Jigglypuff less likely to be in the game. For one thing Jigglypuff is well appreciated with the Japan. Futhermore she was used frequently in many professional smash bros competitions because of her quirky’ yet unique abilities Most likely Nintendo will keep the original 12 fighters from the series and the so called “double characters” be rid of first. Nevertheless, special guests characters, unfortunately will be gone as well.

      • Infernofire

        Agreed, Jigglypuff doesn’t really belong there.
        You’ve made good points.
        Also she’s my 2nd main (other being Yoshi), so there’s that.
        Also think Meta Knight should be a bit higher on my list,
        but who knows.

        Also, most of the double characters were already removed in Brawl.
        As for the ones that are still there:
        Luigi plays way differently than mario, so I see no problem there.
        Toon Link is quite a bit similar to Link, so he may not make it.
        Lucas needs some new attacks to differentiate him even more from Ness. He was fine though.
        Falco is quite similar to Fox (mainly more vertical), but getting rid of Falco would make a lot of people really angry, so I don’t think they’ll do that.
        I still think Ganondorf just needs a new moveset though. The Captain Falcon moveset, doesn’t really fit him.

    • The Clockwork Being

      What about Non-Specific Action Figure

    • Genesect4ssb4

      This is kinda inaccurate. Dedede and Mk are safe. Roy is one of the most likely newcomers/returnees. He s a popular pick for rosters and has extraordinarily high requests in US and Japan.

      • Infernofire

        Mk somewhat safe yes. Dedede less so, but still.
        Roy was in Melee because he was the main character in FE: Binding Blade (also known as Sword of Seals) which was released in 2002 a little bit after Smash bros Melee’s release.
        Roy was probably planned for brawl (i.e. people found code strings labelled Roy in Brawl), but Roy was ultimately replaced by Ike (probably).
        Roy was featured in FE Awakening as a DLC character, but had a generic model (Marth didn’t).
        Overall I think Roy is popular, but not popular enough.

        I personally think that Chrom is more likely than Roy
        as replacement of Ike, because he was the main character in the latest FE (like Roy and Ike were too in Melee and Brawl),
        even though Chrom resembles Marth a bit too much.

  • klenko

    Please do not take Lucas away!!! I always play as Lucas!! He was perfect for my playstyle!

    • Majora’s Mask

      dont worry with the release of earthbound for vc hes very likely to stay though you dont seem like you ve played mother 3 the game where he actually comes from which is the reason why most earthbound fans want him

    • Seth S. Scott

      YES, lucas ROCKS!

    • Michael Ocampo

      I know right. He was my best character even though sadly I haven’t played a single Earthbound/Mother game.

  • Infernofire

    Also note that Brawl was easier to balance than Melee, because of the slower pacing. Therefore, they added way more characters in Brawl.
    Since this game’s pacing will be somewhere between Melee’s and Brawl’s, it is likely that it will will have less characters than Brawl.

  • MetroidZero

    We all know the original 12 will stay. You know…Peter, James, John…oops! Wrong 12!

    • Nintedward

      If they take away Captain falcon , I am going to fly to Japan and Protest outside of Sora and Sakurai’s offices dressed as Captain falcon. And if the police come , I won’t hesitate to start throwing Falcone pawnches!!!

      • MetroidZero

        Imagine if they took away Samus. Be like me standing in front of Sakurai’s offices with my arm cannon pointed at the front entrance, saying, “Any objections, Adam?”

        • gamesplayswill

          Me dressed up as Olimar going: “You dare take me away and I’ll send my pikmin on you!@, whilst aiming a pikmin plush at sakurai.

          • David Noble

            You know, Olimar isn’t even in Pikmin 3. We’re probably just as likely to see one of these new three characters as we are to see Olimar. You might half to do just that.

        • lonewolf

          Set coordinates to the gunship for bombardment, their doors are made of maldium!

      • Mario

        LOL!

      • mnmtwinz

        YAAAAAAASS!

        • sdmac200600

          DUDE I DIDN’T KNOW YOU POSTED ON HERE. I FREAKING LOVE YOUR VIDEOS

  • Trimeister

    Well my pink little black hole of destruction is in it so im happy i think they include at least 1 more character from every core franchises aka the titles in the trailer. From ki u its magnus as an example

    • Araan

      I want to touch Link’s hair!

  • Nikko Ybanez

    Take away Toon Link and Young Link. We already have one Link.

    • Michael Ocampo

      I doubt they’ll take away Toon Link(Nor would I want them to) with WWHD coming soon and Young Link hasn’t even been on smash since melee.

      • Nikko Ybanez

        I think they might include Toon Link. But I think he needs to go, as he is a clone of Link but smaller, faster and lighter. And this is coming from somebody that has actually played as Toon Link for a long time. I think if anybody needs to go it needs to be him. Saying he is unique because he is faster and lighter does not help either, because in that case every character could have a clone that is faster and lighter and that would still be unique with that reasoning. But that’s just what I think.

      • CTRAINGAMER

        I doubt ToonLink will return. If you didn’t notice, he’s in the background of one of the 3DS levels (the spirit tracks one). Why would he be a background character and a playable character?

    • Triforcelightning

      Wind Waker HD is releasing this year so nope to that. If you pay close attention to Nintendo’s finer nuances, you will know who’s in and who’s out before the game is even reaches alpha.

      Here’s an educated guess at who’s in and who’s out:

      Diddy Kong in Jigglypuff out
      Dixie Kong in Lucario out
      Pacman in Dr.Mario out
      Falco in Wolf out
      Mewtwo in Pichu out
      Sonic in Snake out

      • Nikko Ybanez

        @Jigglypuff out : Jigglypuff was one of the original 12 characters, so I doubt (s)he will be removed, also noting the fact that his/her moves are unique.

        @Pichu & Dr. Mario out : Err… Pichu & Dr. Mario were already removed.

        @Pacman in : http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

        Other than that I agree.

      • David Noble

        Try this:

        In:
        Mario
        Luigi
        Pikachu
        Jigglypuff
        Donkey Kong
        Ness
        Captain Falcon
        Link
        Fox
        Kirby
        Samus
        Yoshi
        Bowser
        Peach
        Ice Climbers
        Zelda/Sheik
        Marth
        Pit
        Meta Knight
        Sonic
        (Wii Fit Trainer)
        (Villager)
        (Megaman)

        Out:
        Toon Link
        Olimar
        Falco
        Wolf
        Lucas
        Snake
        (Possibly Ganondorf, because of his likeness to Captain Falcon)

        • Canible

          I hope they just change Ganondorf a bit…he is one of my favorites.

  • Lusunup

    Jigglybuff should not be removed. Yes she is a light character which makes here vulnerable but she has been the newcomer of super smash brothers 64 If they keep all the original characters in then im good. I wouldn’t mind cuting a Super Mario character out though just so the roster can have room for other franchise games. IDK … but my minds thinking a monster hunter will be in the game xD

  • Nils Sundstrom

    i think rob was too unique for being removed

  • Rabbi Bongstien

    I think given the solid run of games on 3DS and the fact that this is the first Smash on 3DS, it could be very likely that we’ll see a lot of characters from those games. And given that SEGA and Nintendo have a Sonic partnership going, I imagine Sonic will make a come back. Personally, I can live without Rob since he was never a game and just a controller (although i think it would be cool if he became an assist). I WANT WRECK-IT RALPH!!!

  • Cameron

    Never ever take Olimar away. Or if you do at least replace him with Alph or someone from 3.

    I need a Pikmin character…

  • discuss

    Throw away the Wii fit trainer. Such a “character” doesn’t belong in this game. Yes, I know that won’t happen.

    • Javier Smith

      I second that. She’s kinda interesting and funny, but considering you’re cutting other characters for her, I would just rather she not be there.

      • discuss

        It’s original but I don’t know why you would consider it interesting. When I look at the screenshot on top it doesn’t feel like she belong in the game at all. All other characters have personality except for her.

        • saalfr

          they should have put a different 3rd party therefore everyone would be happy

          • Javier Smith

            I’ll be okay with it if there’s TONS of characters. If we end up with a small-ish roster with good characters omitted, then yea i’ll be pissed.

    • zerooooo

      SSB 64- basically a joke games that became successful
      SSBM- G&W was the joke character
      SSBB- R.O.B was the joke character
      SSB WiiU- Wii fit trainer is the joke character
      Im not sure what they have in mind for SSB 3ds

      Assuming wii fit trainer isn’t going to be in the 3ds version due to no pictures of her for 3ds.

      • Cameron

        Mega Man is confirmed for both versions and lacks screens of the 3DS one as well. So does Villager for that matter.

        But yeah, every Smash (except the first, but is was meant to be a novelty game that didn’t sell well) has a joke character in it.

        • Guest

          Your reply has no relevance to my comment…

          • Cameron

            He didn’t for while. But yeah he does now, but Villager still doesn’t.

          • zerooooo

            Wii fit trainer doesn’t seem relevant for the 3ds version. Its not like there is crossplay so it wouldn’t matter what characters are in the 3ds

          • Cameron

            True, but I’d imagine they’d want to keep the rosters the same on both. If I’m wrong I at least want Villager in the 3DS version

          • zerooooo

            Well animal crossing has a recent release on the 3ds so that thought is crushed xp

        • zerooooo

          mega man has pics for 3ds btw.

      • sdmac200600

        G&W wasn’t/isn’t a joke if you actually learn how to use him. He wasn’t joke enough to not be included in brawl…

        • zerooooo

          Lol your being defensive. The character its self was a joke, I wasnt talking about his skill level because I loved using him. When I say joke character I actually mean unusual characters.

          • sdmac200600

            Ahhhh ok. I never seen anyone use joke in that way before…

          • zerooooo

            Well nintendo basiclly has. R.O.B was a toy add on to snes. The fact that its very unusual is the joke. Wii fit trainer is a joke but when people play good as her the joke is basically gone. Understand my thought?

          • sdmac200600

            Yeah, I see now. Thanks for clarifying.

          • zerooooo

            Yup.

          • zerooooo

            The joke with G&W was that back then GC was a step to 3d consoles and they introduced a flat plain 2d character. He was a goofy character at the time.

    • Ryushi

      Why? It’s called a “Joke character”. In case you didn’t notice, Pichu was a “Joke Character” as well.
      I believe even Olimar was supposed to be a “Joke character” due to his very, very poor recovery and the fact he can just get absolutely pummeled for being even slightly reckless. But, the community discovered he can sure as hell be a giant threat in one-on-one fights, even the occasional four player game.

      • discuss

        Pichu and Olimar are playable characters. This silly Wii fit trainer is nothing more then scenery to me.

        Did Nintendo state that the Wii fit trainer is a “Joke character”?

        Ps. Don’t get me wrong I respect your opinion.

  • Araan

    I hope Ness is in Super Smash Bros. 4… ;_;

    • saalfr

      ness over lucas

  • saalfr

    rob and jigglypuff

  • saalfr

    maybe sonic unless they change his special

    • shoeses47

      What wrong with Sonic’s final smash? Its basically the same as Pikachu’s.

      • saalfr

        i don’t like either too powerful same with pits

  • Javier Smith

    Take out Bowser. He’s TOO BIG.

    • saalfr

      kinda agree he isn’t third so they probably won’t cut him

      • Javier Smith

        haha saalfr, i was actually just being ironic. i really want ridley in the game but everyone says he’s TOO BIG which in my mind is irrational. so is bowser.

        he’s that size in EVERY 3D Mario game that’s ever come out on consoles. people are just too eager to jump on internet bandwagons imo.

  • shoeses47

    Mewtwo superior, Jigglypuff inferior.

    • saalfr

      totally agree but lucario over mewtwo maybe

      • shoeses47

        Really liked Lucario, but I doubt he’ll make it. If it were up to me, I’d have a Pokemon from each generation in SSB… but then again I’m a pretty big Pokemon fanboy. :)

        • Cameron

          Maybe we’ll see a gen VI Pokemon in the game, X & Y come out in October, and this game comes out next year so who knows?

          • shoeses47

            We most likely will be getting a Gen VI Pokemon instead of Zoroark since there weren’t that many Gen V spin-offs.

  • Jay Jay

    Dont take lucas

  • Javier Smith

    Don’t mean to spam, if the mods want to delete this post, go for it. But I felt this had to be re-posted. Tired of hearing TOO BIG anytime I mention Ridley:

    I’m aware it’s conventional wisdom to say he’s TOO BIG but really that’s completely irrational.

    1. Ridley is about the same size as Samus in the original Metroid.

    2. In fact, most Nintendo villains have changed size from game to game. There is no “true” size for these villains, it’s all relative. Remember Bowser in Mario 64?

    3. Ridley was represented as approximately Samus’ height in the intro video of Smash Bros Melee

    4. You can still make him a larger character in the game, similar to King DeDeDe, Bowser, Charizard, Donkey Kong

    5. He’s the number ONE requested character

    • Javier Smith

      here’s some supporting evidence

    • Cameron

      Ridley would be a cool addition. I think more Metroid characters should be included, but aside from Samus and Ridley I can’t think of many that would be suitable.

      • Javier Smith

        yup, if those two were in (including zero suit samus) i’d be happy as child in a candy shop.

  • KHernandez83

    Paper Mario!!!

  • Your money

    i think that sakurai made the right choice to cut most of the characters. I played a lot of ssbb, but i keep ignoring king ddd, ice climbers, jiggly puff, falco, and link. (ok, i admit that toon link is alot better even though they are the same.) They need to keep the main characters, but scrap the characters that are like the same thing. (like lucas and ness.)

    • zerooooo

      Falco has a pretty large amount of fans.

  • Guest

    What the fuk is jigglypuff. sounds like a fat strippers name.

  • zerooooo

    I hate how alot of the requested characters either have no relevance or just completely dumb.

  • omg hi

    I was a Mr. Game and Watch guy, but he’s unlikely to come back now! The Wii fit Trainer and the Villager are my new game and watch :D

  • Bryan Purdey

    i would cut rob, game and watch, snake, pokemon trainer (or just make the pokemon separate like in project m), wario, and ganondorf

  • beerkin

    A jigglypuff is defined as taking a shotgun toke from a fat bitch.

  • Starfoxguy

    I think he should either cut the clones or give them all new move sets.

  • supanovaX

    Pls dnt take out R.O.B he is my favorite character. He got the best fighting style in the whole game c’mon people stop hating on him. You must got destroyed by him either offline or online for you to hate on him lol

  • Chris Woods

    i wish they would keep all characters

  • Gabrielsen

    I say that Lucas, the Pokemon trainer, Rob, Dedede, and Wolf has to go. Rob is more or less never used, Lucas has more or less the same moves as Ness and the earthbound games are not that know outside of Japan. Yes i know they are releasing them on the Wii U soon, but still. Dedede i feel is slow and mostly put into the game because of the adventure mode. And last but not least Wolf. Fox and Falco “ok” they got more or less the same moveset but they have been there in 2 games now and they are very popular in tournaments. Wolf on the other hand rarely seen and lets be honest, just a slower version of Fox and Falco. I’d rather have Slippy in the game :)

  • Jack5221

    PLEASE get rid of Jigglypuff!

    • Gabrielsen

      Won’t happen, Jiggly has been there since 64.

  • Gubber McFinnigan

    I would like to see a change up with the Pokemon roster.

    Pikachu should always stay but replace Lucario with Zoroark, get rid of jigglypuff for mewtwo and also with jigglypuff case, I know original 12, but with jigglypuff along with Wolf and Toon Link being added in at the last minute in Brawl, I believe she(?) could go and have Mewtwo’s original and new adaption replace her. Lastly replace Red with a more modern trainer like N for fifth gen or sixth gen trainer (being male or female palette swap) and their appropriate 3 unit starter selection.

  • MarioSuperStar

    I’ll be content with whatever they decide to have. Sounds like the games going to packed with so many characters.

  • Ryushi

    Can someone explain what’s wrong with R.O.B.? He’s a mechanical fighter: so what’s wrong with that? Also, if any character should go it’s Meta Knight. He was beyond broken, he is literally one of the only characters ever banned in tournaments, and even if that ban was lifted later.

    • A_7

      Its nt that there’s something wrong with him. He’s just the least interesting character in SSBB!

      • Ryushi

        I don’t really see the argument here, trying to say he’s the least interesting is like saying Mario shouldn’t be in this game because he’s been around so damn long and that a lot of gamers are sick of seeing him. Believe me, I know.
        Also, I still don’t see how R.O.B. is an uninteresting character, his character within the Subspace Emissary was actually pretty cool; and to be fair it was interesting to see him show remorse for when his robot companions were destroyed [considering robots aren’t supposed to feel emotion at all].
        And are you calling him “uninteresting” because we never really see a personality from him? Need I remind you characters can be interesting with very little to no personality?

  • BaroNight

    keep sonic and snake. since they added megaman to the new game, we can to mario v sonic v snake v megaman and we can see which company is better lol

    on topic- I don’t want Mister Game and Watch. He is super unique, but almost everyone who played melee (or at least me) were like “Who’s this crazy 2D guy?”

    • Andrew Chambers

      Ever hear of Game and Watch Gallery?

  • Anon

    Please still have ness Please still have ness Please still have ness Please still have ness

  • Møhåmmęd Jårmøn

    Get rid of Mario…

    LOL JUST KIDDING HA can you imagine

  • Kyle

    There’s actually quite a few characters that I feel are unnecessary; I’m on board with them throwing out some of the unpopular ones. Maybe it’ll give room for the more demanded characters, and this game will actually be completed with the characters we want to play!

    Of course I still don’t know why they included the Wii Fit Trainer, but, you know, whatever…

    ALL I ask is that they keep Lucario; this Mewtwo news has me worried…

  • Erik

    I just hope they don’t take Yoshi away. He’s my pride and soul in every Smash Bros i can play with him. How am i be able to play without Yoshi being around in the game (be it Yoshi fans all over the world, including fan girls, loved him from his creation year.) I just hope he stays around one more time.

  • HJ 612

    One thing for sure is that they should keep all the original 12 from the first game on the N64, but I guess they can take out Jiggly Puff.

  • Madmagican

    Going from Brawl’s roster to SSB4 I can see ROB, Ike, a Star Fox character (probably Wolf), Sonic, Snake, Lucario, pokemon trainer, and Game & Watch not making it back
    possibly Lucas and Toon Link as much as it hurts to say
    the originals are definitely safe

  • Madmagican

    Regardless, my mains are Kirby and Bowser (and soon to be Villager)
    so I’m fine with whatever cuts are made

  • bizzy gie

    No King Dedede. He’s like a weaker version of Kirby.

    • NkoSekirei

      they better not remove captain falcon,ganondorf,zero suit samus or any other ones i like or its a no buy for me

      • bizzy gie

        Kirby is my best character. Luckily he’s been confirmed for the next game. So has my second best character, Pit.

  • XEri0x11

    Just add Roy back too and I’ll be a happy camper!

  • yumyum36

    Why remove Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff responds to certain moves such as dodge and movement commands quicker than most characters and has a pretty balanced skillset if you know how to use him.

  • Andrew Maenza

    Ness, Jigglypuff, and Luigi are my best characters

    • Nikko Ybanez

      Same here! I think we’ll get along fine.

  • Tyranno

    Take out any Link other then the main ONE Link, Diddy Kong, Rob, Jigglypuff, Ice-Climbers, Falco (unless they completely change his fighting style from Fox’s), Ganon (unless they change his fighting style from Cpt. Falcon’s), Lucas, This should clear up some space for some newcomers :D

    • Ben English

      Diddy Kong, Rob, Jigglypuff, and Ice Climbers aren’t clones.

  • mnmtwinz

    Am I the only one that wants ROB to stay!? He’s a piece of Nintendo history! His stay is completely justifiable because of this.

  • mnmtwinz

    Simple solution: DLC

    I know what Sakurai has said about DLC and I know DLC would be a very difficult feat to accomplish, but I believe that DLC available far after launch would satisfy EVERY single player, and gain Nintendo money! <3

  • Seth S. Scott

    DUDE seriously?! JIGGLYPUFF? There is NO way Jiggles can be removed….if anything please dont bring back Wolf as he is a Fox/Falcon clone, and if anything remove either Fox or Falcon. Jigglypuff is a totally original character that needs to be there. Clones, IF ANYTHING, should be removed.

  • David Noble

    I suggest they take out Lucas [Ness], Falco and Wolf [Fox], Ganondorf [Cpt. Falcon], Lucario [Mewtwo], and Toon Link [Link] and make them different colors for the characters they are almost identical to [in brackets]. This would clear out some space without really eliminating those characters from play.

  • Potemkin

    So far my fav characters have been confirmed (Samus and Mario) and the last one I would love to have available is Ike, but who knows…

  • http://rmscomics.com/ Steelmullet

    No, jigglies can’t be removed. Too many tourney players like jigglypuff. If ganon goes without ever getting a proper moveset I will be pissed. Diddy better stay in too.

    That said, my votes are lucario, lucus, wolf, ROB, and no one from melee that was excluded in brawl will make a return, exept mewtwo. Ike or marth are big maaybes.

    Unfortunately, I think snake will be gone, but I don’t want him to be.

  • Hb

    There’s something that has to be highlighted of the “clone”
    characters; even they have a lot of similarities with the main characters,
    mostly in their specials, they are kind of unique in their “skills”. Like Toon
    Link jumps higher and is faster than Link, Falco jumps higher than Fox but this
    one being faster, etc. They still have their uniqueness. Although they are even
    more unique in brawl, Nintendo should keep going for completely different
    characters in matters of moves. They can keep Falco, Wolf, Lucas or Ness, but
    really making them a sole experience.

    Nevertheless, I have my list of characters that I think
    should be excluded:


    Toon Link: I know I defended his “uniqueness”
    but it’s enough with just Link.


    R.O.B.: Yeah, it has unique moves but seriously,
    it is taking the spot of a greater character that might be on the line of being
    the newest and greatest character of the new Smash Bros.


    King Dedede: well… it’s enough with Kirby and
    Metaknight and it isn’t just that fabulous.


    Falco or Wolf: make your choice “sidekick” or
    rival of Fox. But it’s enough with two of them.


    Pokémon Trainer: It is no necessary to take him
    away, but to change his party. Six pokémons to choose, 3 to go perhaps?


    Lucario: If the whole idea is to keep the
    transition Mewtwo – Lucario (like legendary-bipedal-with-its-own-movie Pokémon),
    the next one should be Zoroark or like some people say, Mewtwo again in its X
    and Y new form.


    Ness/Lucas: Personally I prefer Lucas a million
    times. Some people say Ness out won’t happen, but in Melee he was initially
    going to be replaced with Lucas but they retained Ness in consideration of
    delays. Besides he is not that great.

    There are a lot of characters like Wario, Jigglipuff, Peach,
    Yoshi, Ice Climbers, among others I don’t really like, but I’m trying to be
    objective and realistic.

    Oh, another point is that I believe Nintendo should
    extend this roster selection “problem” as a business idea. Why the characters
    and even the stages that are going to be taken out can’t be in a DLC or being
    purchasable for and affordable price? I
    really didn’t like Pichu or Mewtwo in Melee, but I wouldn’t mind to spend a
    couple of bucks for them.

    • majora :D

      if they get out Toon link, they should make Link lighter. It was a total dissapointment to see such a weak hero of time in Brawl.

  • $41809923

    I AM HAPPY THAT NINTENDO IS PUSHING WART AND TOAD TO BE IN THE GAME AND THIS IS FROM NINTENDO

  • $41809923

    YOSHI MAY NOT BE IN THE GAME BUT MIGHT PUT YARN YOSHI IN THE GAME HE WANTS NEW CHARACTERS

  • TULFich

    Please leave Falco, he´s my best character since melee!! :(

  • Jeff Henry

    Please keep Meta Knight.

  • WolfgangAmadeusMozart

    Can I be playable in the game ?

  • majora :D

    Get Ice Climbers out

  • timehacker11

    You all are forgetting DLC. Once SSB Wii U (& 3DS) is released, it isn’t “complete” like Wii games were. I’m trying to say that once SSB Wii U is released, more characters could be released via DLC individually.

  • Jeremy Jerm King

    Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, toon link, game and watch, zelda, king dee dee dee, snake, lucas, rob, ice climbers, and peach. please get rid of them!

    • Ben English

      Wait what? Jigglypuff, Game and Watch, Zelda, King Dedede, Rob, Ice Climbers and Peach are all unique characters. I don’t expect every one of those to make the cut, but why would you want to get rid of them?

  • TaintedXGamer

    Jigglypuff out? Are you guys bonkers? state your reasons! I demand it! also unless they make meta knight less busted, (my word for broken/op – overpowered) might as well kick him out and clones too. yes, i’m looking at you starfox trio, toon link and oh dear ganon ganon ganon. stahp being a Captain falcon wannabe< (ghirahim would be a Gr8 replacement!) also grammar nazis come at me!

  • ZeldaFan83

    About time…there are a lot of characters and clones that need to go.

  • astarisborn94

    First thing, remember that Sakurai did not confirm cuts, he just said that not all characters from Melee and Brawl would return. This does not imply Brawl veteran cuts are guarantee. They’ll probably happen, but they will be minimal (and probably not on Lucario and Ike like most people think because Sakurai will try to re-include them). My guess are that Snake, Sonic and Toon Link are the most likely to go because they would be cut for reasons other than time constraints.

  • daniel3

    Make the AVGN a charachter! I’d ROCK big time!

  • Alex Millan

    just don’t take away my Jigglypuff and I will be happy!!

  • Sander van der Ham

    I feel like R.O.B. was only in Brawl thanks to this massive role in the SE. Since there won’t be another SE story, I think he’s a likely contender to be cut. Not so much as Snake, Lucario and Ike though. I can imagine Wolf getting cut too. Perhaps even Lucas.

    I’m pretty sure characters who solely represent a 1st party franchise like Yoshi, Falcon, Wario and Olimar will return. Then comes of course the ‘secondary; characters with unique movesets like Peach, Metaknight and Diddy Kong.

    Everyone is acting like it’s a normal thing for characters in fighting games to return in sequels, but it’s hardly ever the case. Street Fighter is a perfect example.

  • John Sullivan

    Replace Pokemon Trainer with just Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise separate and independent.

  • Rylus

    NO! Jigglypuff is MY MAIN in all three games! You can’t remove her or unique aerial gameplay. At least, change her (UP + B) move to something more useful like one of those new Fairy-type moves. And also, change her Final Smash into a giant Sing attack like a variation of Peach’s Final Smash without the peaches to heal.

    I also predict that Snake, Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link, Ike and Lucario would likely be removed as well.

    IMO, I don’t want ROB or Meta-Knight to come back. And Ganondorf really needs to change his whole gameplay entirely.

    • http://angrysons.net/ metaphist

      Um, this unique aerial gameplay you reference is covered by Kirby and D3, the other two multi-jump characters. No, they don’t play exactly the same, but they cover the aerial archetype. D3 should stay as main villian of the Kirby series, and MK is important enough to stay, although he should have some changes of course. There shouldn’t be too many Pokemon, they seriously just need Pika and Mew Two/Three for the villian role, any more than that and you are taking up too much space for one series.

  • blindtiger

    i really like the idea of putting clones as skins… like falco being a fox skin or young link for a link skin. ganondorf/falcon wouldnt really make sense but ganondorf needs his own moves anyway if hes stayin…

  • luigiman2z

    I would like for Nintendo to do character modes… such as, Link-Toon Link, Classic Sonic-Modern, Zelda- Toon Zelda, Classic Mario, Modern Mario, etc.

  • Ben English

    I figure the core twelve are staying: Mario, Luigi, Link, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Ness, Fox, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Donkey Kong.

    We know of three new characters: Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, and Villager. And it’s been confirmed that Bowser and Pit are back, as well as the implication that Ice Climbers will return and the possibility of Mewtwo

    So that’s at least 17 confirmed and 2 possibilities.. That leaves 16 before you go over Brawl’s selection of 35, so there’s still room for a lot of Melee and Brawl veterans to return. I wouldn’t expect to see Peach, Zelda, Game&Watch, or Diddy Kong to vanish.

    The characters I most expect to be dropped are Lucario, Wolf, and Snake, but who knows. Sakurai’s mind is a strange, strange place.

  • Guest

    If they take out Snake, I’ll go to Nintendo’s HQ with a full armory and shouting “It’s show time!” while I hand a launcher

  • Luis Ceniceros

    Don’t take away Lucas.

  • lonewolf

    If they take out Snake, I’ll be at Nintendo’s HQ with an entire armory and shouting “It’s show time!” while I hand a rocket launcher

  • JulioCHB

    40 CHARACTERS 1. Mario 2. Tower 3. Peach 4. Yoshi 5. Bowser 6. Bowser Jr 7. Wario 8. Waluigi 9. Dk 10. Diddy Kong 11. Dixie Kong 12. K.Rool 13. Link 14. Toon Link WW 15. Zelda / Sheik 16. Ganondorf / Herald 17. Ghirahim 18. Samus 19. Ridley 20. Pikachu 21. Entrenad @ r Pokemon (Generation X / Y or another) 22. Mewtwo / Mewthree 23. Kirby 24. Meta Knight 25. King Dedede 26. Fox 27. Falco 28. Pit 29. Villager 30. Megaman 31. Wiifit Trainer 32. Marth or Ike or Chrome 33. Lissa (Protagonist woman fire emblem) 34. Ness 35. Luke 36. Captain Falcon 37. Olimar and Pikmin 38. Sonic 39. Tails or Dr. Egg 40. Someone Namco (Tales of the series …) Extras Increasing the number 41 a little more. Wonder-eyes Network (Wonderful 101 by the agreement of Platinum Games) 42. our Mii

  • $41809923

    on n4g website sakuria just said that 5 characters are not coming back wolf is one of them one good new is pokemon t will have new pokemon characters from x and y starter that ok for me

  • David Noble

    Maybe they could release more characters through DLC. That would be SO COOL!

  • Dallas Gooch

    As long as core characters stay I don’t mind them removing characters, especially clone characters. In brawl the clone characters had slight differences but Ganon essentially still felt like heavy Captain Falcon, same with Luigi to Mario and Falco to Fox in similar arguments, so either remove the characters or give them unique movesets. There are many characters I would miss but I have the feeling the new characters they add will be awesome and will be worth it. Already beyond excited for Megaman, and The Villager looks fun to play as too. I feel as though the Wii Fit Trainer is the Game and Watch replacement. Odd, quirky but still overall a decent character. But yes I feel like Jigglypuff definitely lost his appeal after Brawl. Mewtwo would be cool but i would rather there be a different Pokemon character than Mewtwo or Lucario. As much as i hate the new Pokemon it might be cool to use one from X and Y or maybe Black and White.

  • Kyuuki

    Wouldn’t have to cut good characters if you didn’t include crap like Wii Fit trainer…
    That said, wouldn’t mind seeing Captain Falcon go, nor would I mind seeing any ‘clones’ go. Please don’t exclude unique characters, especially the really interesting ones like Mr. Game and Watch.

    • 00EpicGamer00

      You do realize that the “Wii Fit Trainer” is just a joke character, right? Just like Rob, in Brawl. I don’t like Captain Falcon either, but Captain Falcon CAN’T go, because he’s one of the original 12. He’s been in smash bros since the original one for the N64, and they can’t take out the original 12 no matter what (why do you think jigglypuff’s still around?)

      • skullkid

        Well Yoshi, Jigglyfuff, Captain Falcon, And Ness aren’t confirmed yet. ( along with Ganondorf who I care about. )

  • URTV

    I have a theory, it’s a little left field. Shenmue Voice Actor Corey Marshall has been shown back in the studio. He is likely working on another project but…Would Ryo Hazuki’s appearance in Smash Bros increase the chance of Shenmue 3?

  • Logan Waltz

    gotta have both pikachu and satoshi. and i enjoyed lucario, aside from being one of my favorite pokemon. you know, as long as they have sonic, why not add joe musashi? lol that would b too cool.

    i’m thinking that the inclusion of similar characters from the same games is a waste of time and resources. fit in what you can, but eliminate redundance

  • Austin Buffin

    ive heard a couple of rumors that mac from punch out is in the game

  • Mochlum

    I would be okay if they took out a Starfox character or two, and something tells me either Lucas or Ness may go. (It kind of makes sense to have Lucas in Brawl since Mother 3 became a little before, but it has been so long since a Mother game, so it doesn’t make as much sense to have two Earthbound characters. Sorry fans!) I really don’t want Toon Link out, but he is fairly likely… I’d be okay with it if Ghirahim was added to make up for it.

    And at least ONE new Kid Icarus character please.

  • SuperSonicBrawler

    As long as Sonic makes it back in, I’m good.

  • QuizmasterBos

    The race isn’t over until everyone gets to the finish line (a.k.a, the next generation starts with PS5 and such).

    Also, if you read one of the previous posts (and you probably have as you’ve been making short-sighted comments for much longer) than you’d know that Miyamoto said that a new IP doesn’t mean it’s automatically good. And that makes sense, doesn’t it? New does not equal good.

    Nintendo is far from done, stop being a Sony fanboy.

  • TheKnowing

    Smash Bros is not a simple game :/

  • Rick van der Linde

    What race? Nintendo is just doing their own thing, which is why I always get a Nintendo console and 1 from the others.

  • TheKnowing

    And who lost the race, im sorry but if my memory serves me Xbone lost this race :p

  • everyone

    Shouldn’t you be on a Gamespot forum? You know, where non fact based Nintendo bashing happens.

  • Vinicius

    Guys, lets stop giving this guy audience. Its all he wants, a little bit of attention.

  • Cameron

    New IPs aren’t always the best thing ever on a console, and Smash Bros is one of the most competitive fighting game series out there.

    And what race? You mean the console wars? Nintendo has never been a big competitor in the console wars, they just do their own thing and Sony and M$ fanboys claim Nintendo loses the console wars and swear up and down Nintendo will die next year, but they never have.

  • sdmac200600

    So if they wasn’t in it to lose it, how did they lose it. You contradicted your own comment….

  • Maxwell Baumgarten

    Exactly.

  • Maxwell Baumgarten

    Nintendo has a separate audience than Sony or Microsoft.

  • QuizmasterBos

    The Wii has lasted for 6 years (just as long as PS3) and is one of the best selling systems of all time. How exactly did Nintendo fail?

    And yes, Nintendo IS just getting into HD, but they are getting help with that. Like from SEGA for instance.

    Miyamoto never lost his drive and still loves playing and making videogames. Pikmin 3 is highly anticipated and nothing that we’ve seen from that implies this game isn’t going to be good.

    And you say Nintendo makes games from the 80’s. May I ask what exactly is a game from nowadays?

  • sdmac200600

    You can’t say that because in order for you to lose something, you have to have participated. If Nintendo didn’t participate, you can’t say they lost. The only way you can say they lost was if they forfeited which they didn’t since they were at E3. Your comment is still contradictory.

  • Rick van der Linde

    You and your “right” games, why do you want to see a third console with the same games that are on Xbox and Playstation? Do you also eat spaghetti every day? It would be very, very boring.

  • sdmac200600

    Nintendo games are harder than any FPS or TPS………………

  • Nikko Ybanez

    Knowledgeiswhatsup’s opinion rules over all. All hail Knowledge. Hooray.

  • Cameron

    I dunno about you, but Pikmin and Zelda are pretty damn hard in that you actually need a functioning brain to even come close to seeing the end. I can’t say the same for PS3 exclusives.

  • MetroidZero

    Here’s a fact:

    You post here more than in PS4Daily and XboxOneDaily.

  • Cameron

    Here’s another fact: Nintendo games very rarely score lower than 8/10. From adult critics. And then they’re well received by millions of people around the–

    Wait, why am I bothering to argue with an idiot?

  • sdmac200600

    By* Ok then, you still can’t say they lost the race then. Its only 8 months in the generation dude. Theres 5 years and 4 months left.

  • Rick van der Linde

    Well, for me, those games are never getting boring. I’m still playing Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and occasionally some old school Mario 2D game. The games on my PS3 are a whole other story, I trade them, sell them and I never miss them after I’m done with them. I’m just not done jumping around with that plumber.

  • QuizmasterBos

    knowledgeiswhatsup wrote:Once again, the Wii was a novelty item with a 3 year shelf life. It did
    not sell much software and at least 90% of it’s titles were throw away
    titles. The Wii did not last as long as the PS3 as the PS3 came out
    before and is still here and could go on if not for other businesses
    demanding new systems.
    Quiz wrote: And yet it actual DID sell a lot of software, Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time with over 80 million copies sold and before you say “That’s a game that came bundled with the system, it doesn’t count”, Mario Kart Wii sold almost 33 million.

    And the thing about 90% being throwaway titles? Let me ask you something. Did you own a Wii, or at least followed the new games coming out for it? I’m guessing you didn’t. The reason I am saying that is because you cannot name 5 franchises that had a game on the Wii that are really good. So, you say the Wii sucks.

    HOWEVER, I never followed PS3 information. So, I cannot name 5 games that are really good, but you probably can.

    If you don’t follow it, that doesn’t mean it automatically becomes bad. Having an opinion doesn’t make it a fact!

    knowledgeiswhatsup wrote: Nintendo getting help from Sega is not cool. Nintendo being stuck in the past is why they do not even have their systems up to date like anyone would have.
    Quiz wrote: Nintendo has proven since the NES days that power doesn’t matter. The Sega Master System was more powerful than the NES, but sold far less. Why? Because it had no installbase and no thirdparty-support. So nobody made good games for it.

    Nintendo prefers to reinvent gaming instead of doing the standard thing. It’s called thinking outside of the box. THIS is what makes games new, not doubling the pixel count.

    knowledgeiswhatsup: Miyamoto may not have lost his drive, but he most certainly lost his creativity and originality. He is stuck thinking about 2D games tactics (red Mario, green Luigi, Yellow Wario, or just changing colors of main character to turn them into another) on a 3D world. That cannot fly and
    it has not.

    Quiz wrote: Source = you, I bet? Miyamoto is always thinking of ways to make games fun, that’s what he does. He isn’t a man who just makes the exact same game, he changes small parts, improves others and adds new stuff.

    He’s never stuck thinking about Mario, he isn’t even actively involved with that anymore, hasn’t been for years. He just does what he likes and that’s what he does best.

    “That cannot fly and it has not?” Call of Duty or EA sports games are quite literally the same thing and they sell a ton. Most people say they hate it (so do I), but they still sell like hotcakes. So, I’d say you’re wrong there too.

    knowledgeiswhatsup wrote: I modern game (game types change every system or generation it seems) is a game where the main character is the not the focal point, but the
    game itself. This is why games are called Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, GTA, Battlefield, etc. and not Mario this or ‘Super Mario’ that. Those are the old times.

    Quiz wrote: Are you criticising Mario because of its title now? That’s not even a valid point! It’s just a title, like it or not, the game is good. Also, I noticed all the titles you mentioned put a heavy emphasis on shooting. Are you saying shooters are what Nintendo should make instead of “games from the 80’s.”? Because I don’t see this as being very new or forward in technology. If you don’t mind, I prefer seeing Nintendo do their own stuff and not make shooters, thank you.

  • Rick van der Linde

    And that’s why I don’t get you. There are more than enough GTA ‘like’ games, why do you want even more? The Division, Destiny, Borderlands, GTA *insert version*, Red Dead Redemption, etc,.. And besides, there are still new people everyday that need to grow up and can’t just start playing GTA5 ;)