It seems like the month of may came and went, as we’re now heading straight into June with E3 just around the corner. Nearly every publisher and even the big three of Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony will be bringing the big guns next week, so we expect this week to be pretty light on news. That being said, some interesting things happened within the month of May that you may not have caught if you’re just joining us.
- Gearbox and Sega sued for Aliens: Colonial Marines – Wii U owners got off scot free when it came to this bad game, but Xbox, PS3 and PC owners weren’t so lucky. Many people bought into the hype of the game and felt downright disappointed with the way the end result of the game turned out. Now one gamer is taking both the game’s developer and publisher to court over the matter.
- Warner Bros. being sued over memes in Scribblenauts Unlimited – Another lawsuit was brought to light in the month of May, this time over the use of memes in 5th Cell’s Scribblenauts Unlimited. Lots of debate on both sides of the fence for both the creator and Warner Bros, so it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses.
- Why no E3 conference is a catastrophe for Nintendo – John Kinsley was highly disappointed with Nintendo for bowing out of an E3 conference and expressed why it was a bad idea.
- Why no E3 conference is a smart move for Nintendo – Ashley disagreed with John’s assessment of Nintendo’s move to hold Nintendo Directs instead and states why it’s a smart choice for the company.
- Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaign launched – Perhaps the most exciting development of the month is that a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness is on the way, if it can get enough funding. The series is woefully under-funded with just shy of 15 days left, but miracles do happen.
- 15 games skipping Wii U because of Frostbite Engine – Despite an unprecedented partnership between Nintendo and EA, the company announced that it’s next-gen games will use the Frostbite Engine and they won’t be coming to Wii U because of it.
- Gamers throw a mock funeral for the Wii U – Just like Mark Twain upon hearing his obituary was posted in a news paper, the reports of the Wii U’s death have been greatly exaggerated.
- E3 rumors surface, providing a hint at what’s coming – Speculation and rumors always fly high in the weeks before E3 and there was no shortage of that for both Nintendo and the Wii U.
- Sonic Lost World announced as Wii U exclusive – An exclusive partnership between Sega and Nintendo will see the blue hedgehog’s new game as a Wii U exclusive.
- Next-gen console specs: Wii U vs. PS4 vs. Xbox One – All three major console manufacturers have finally revealed their consoles and here’s a look at the raw specs between them.
- Microsoft is selling the Wii U better than Nintendo – Ashley takes a look at Microsoft’s Xbox One announcement and why it means the Wii U will be more successful.
- Nintendo reveals Best Buy locations for E3 demos – Nintendo announced that its E3 demos would be playable at select Best Buy locations during the week of E3.
- Nintendo shares plummeted 17% last week due t
- Next week's Splatfest pits Pokemon Red vs. Blue
- Original Pokemon starters added to Super Mario Maker
- You'll need about 5B to install Pokken Tournament
TAGS: Nintendo, wii u, wii u recap