Today Activision finally confirmed that its next-gen Call of Duty title, Call of Duty: Ghosts, will be arriving on the Wii U. There had been some uncertainty as to whether the game would be released on the console, as the official promotional materials that debuted a few months ago contained no mention of the Wii U. Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg confirmed the release.
“As we have said before, we’re committed to doing everything we can to support the Wii U, which is why we’re excited to be bringing some of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world to the platform this year.”
It’s nice to see Activision supporting the Wii U with some of its bigger titles, but other games were confirmed as well, including:
- Skylanders: Swap Force
- Angry Birds Trilogy
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge
- Wipeout Create & Crash
So Activision certainly has a full catalogue for Wii U owners coming this fall.
- Mighty No. 9 could be quietly delayed until 2016
- Nintendo announces a new Splatfest for August 7
- Super Smash Bros. update balance changes
- Mario Kart 8 has 50% software to hardware sales
TAGS: activision, call of duty ghosts, wii u