A new interview with Mario Kart 8 producer Konno and director Yabuki has been published over at NeoGAF. The pair shares a few details about development of the game, including the fact that it’s only in development by EAD Kyoto and that there is no outside development team helping as there was for Mario Kart 7. Some of the other details that were revealed include:
- Mario Kart 8 development began slightly over a year ago
- No external development help outside of EAD Kyoto
- ”Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that’s all we can tell you for now.”
- ”In Mario Kart 8 tracks have also been narrowed compared to Mario Kart Wii and reflects more the size of the road. “
- There will be no track editor
If you’re interested in reading the full view, you can read it here.
- Mario & Sonic at Rio has a curse word?
- Nintendo NX Mock-Up Looks Great
- Pokemon Go Plus delayed until September
- Nintendo posts huge quarterly loss
TAGS: mario kart 8, Nintendo, wii u