Nintendo has released a system update for the Wii U, bringing the firmware version for the console up to 3.1.0 U. This is not the substantial summer update that Satoru Iwata promised in an earlier Nintendo Direct, but rather an update for features added in the spring update. The summer update is now scheduled to take place between the end of September and the beginning of October.
Here is a list of the new improvements for this update:
- The standby functions will now regularly connect to the Internet when the Wii U is powered down to check for available SpotPass data or software and system updates. Software updates will be installed while the Wii U is powered down, and system updates will be installed the next time the Wii U is powered on. For further detailed information, click here.
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
- Nintendo released Miitomo update preview
- The Legend of Zelda joins the Video Game Hall of Fame
- GameStop CEO calls Wii U disappointing
- Rumor: Nintendo NX may use cartridges instead of discs
TAGS: Nintendo, wii u, Wii U update, wii u ystem update