The latest project from Level 5 is a title called Wonder Flick, which is designed to provide a compelling RPG experience in a short amount of time. The game project is being designed by Akihiko Hino, with an artist and composer from the Final Fantasy series on board. The way the game is described makes it seem like it’s a better fit for mobile projects, but that isn’t stopping the team from releasing on Wii U. Here are a few more details about the game:
- F2P with microtransactions
- Character creation and equipment customisation
- You flick medals (which represent commands) onto the enemies during battles to attack them.
- It’s designed for quick play sessions so you can enjoy the exciting feel of a RPG in 3 minutes while on the go.
- iOS and Android in Japan this November, the other platforms in 2014.
Each system that the game is being developed for will have an exclusive dungeon, which is an interesting concept considering the game is currently in development for iOS, Android, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita, and Wii U.
- Apex 2015 halted due to roof collapse
- Frogmind's Badland is headed to Wii U
- Sega is restructuring its business away from physical games
- Xenoblade Chronicles X almost too big for Wii U disc
TAGS: level 5, wonder flick