During Monday’s Nintendo Direct, Nintendo of America confirmed that the company would have a big presence at this year’s IndieCade festival in Culver City, CA this year. They’ll also be hosting a panel for indie game developers on the steps needed to bring their works to the Nintendo eShop both for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. According to Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s vice president of licensing, some of the titles that will be showcased are the best indie developers have to offer.
The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games showcased in this year’s Nintendo IndieCade booth represent the cutting edge of creativity and innovation for indie game development. They also represent some of the highest rated and most respected games currently being produced. Nintendo is embracing developers who are extremely passionate, letting them freely harness the tools available on Nintendo platforms to create fantastic and unique experiences. We are helping independent developers bring their creative visions to life and into consumers’ hands to enjoy.”
Here’s what you’ll be able to play at IndieCade this year and if not, you can expect to see these games soon on the Nintendo eShop.
- 1,001 Spikes by Nicalis
- Armillo by Fuzzy Wuzzy Games
- Knytt Underground by Ripstone
- Pier Solar and the Great Architects by WaterMelon Co.
- Q.U.B.E. by Toxic Games
- Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails by Dakko Dakko
- Shovel Knight by Yacht Club Games
- Tengami by Nyamyam (screenshot above)
- Teslagrad by Rain AS
- Unepic by EnjoyUp Games
- Wooden Sen’SeY by Neko Entertainment
- Grinsia by Nicalis
- Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai by Shin’en
- Retro City Rampage by Vblank Entertainment
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse by WayForward
- Siesta Fiesta by Mojo Bones
- Treasurenauts by Renegade Kid
- eBay reveals a couple of Wii U deals for Blac
- Reggie: “Mario Kart 8 doubled our Wii U
- Super Smash Squad #1 – Warming Up [60 F
- New Splatoon info revealed thanks to Twitter