[Update: As previously suspected, this has been confirmed to be a fake.]
Take this with a grain of salt of course, but VG leaks is reporting that a new Sonic title for Wii U, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 is currently under development. The alleged titles in consideration for the game are Sonic Thunderstorm or Sonic Blue Thunder. According to this source, the game will be announced on May 1st, 2014. There’s no concrete details and at this point it’s 100% hearsay since we have no official confirmation, but there are supposedly several details about the new game to be leaked.
According to the source, this game is for multi-platform release after the three exclusive Nintendo titles. Given the expected release date of May 1st if this happens to be true, does this mean Super Smash Bros. is considered the third Nintendo exclusive? Hmmm. Here’s what the leaker says the game will have, but we’re pretty skeptical:
- A new hedgehog character will be named Static the Hedgehog.
- A new hedgehog will be a teenage clone of Sonic.
- Knuckles, Rouge and Eggman will have teenage clones, like Sonic. Knuckles’ teenage clone will be male and be named Slash the Echidna.
- Rouge’s teenage clone will be female and be named Debra the Bat.
- Dr Eggman’s teenage clone will be male and be named Eggman.Jr.
- Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge’s teenage clones will have robot partners.
- Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Static will be playable.
- Tails, Knuckles, Rogue, Omega, Blaze, Amy, Slash and Debra will also be playable.
- Dr.Eggman, Eggman Jr, Cream, Team Chaotix and Marine will be non-playable.
- Static, Slash and Debra will be inspired by Super Sentai.
- Characters will return, including Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Cream, Team Chaotix, Blaze, Silver and Marine
- This game will feature 29 levels, objects, a return of old small animals and Chaos Drives with new animals, also the return of Chao Garden.
- This gameplay will change characters like in Sonic Heroes.
- Hedgehog Engine will return to work on this game like it worked on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations.
- This game will be similar to Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World.
- Color Powers will not return in this game, except Orbot and Cubot with a new female counterpart.
- Static’s robot partner will be a wolf-type with a motorcycle form.
- Slash’s robot partner will be a bear-type with a selfish mood.
- Debra’s robot partner will be a kitten-type with smarts.
- Static the Hedgehog’s element will be Lightning.
- Slash the Echidna’s element will be Earth.
- Debra the Bat’s element will be Love.
- Eggman Jr will be the main antagonist while Dr. Eggman will be a secondary antagonist.
- Chaos Emeralds will return.
- A new Chao Garden will have past gardens and new gardens.
- Black Market will return, also past fruits and masks and colorful Chao eggs from SA2B and SADX.
- Static, Slash and Debra’s levels will be inspired by Sonic the Werehog’s levels, also they will have gadgets.
- This game will be inspired by Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 2006.
- This game will set to release next year.
- This game will follow 4 story modes.
- Wi-fi will transfer Chao data.
- Tiny Chao Garden will be DLC and will be on PSVITA And 3DS.
One thing that makes this a skeptical release is that it seems to combine everything every Sonic fan would want into one game. The return of Chaos Emeralds, Chao Garden, all playable characters from the cartoon series, and changeable characters similar to Sonic Heroes. It’s hard to see Sega mashing all of these together into one game, considering each Sonic release has been specifically streamlined around a particular concept and Sonic Lost World is following the same formula.
What do you think of this rumor?
- UK retailer Tesco lists Nintendo NX at £350
- Yooka-Laylee looks gorgeous in new gameplay v
- Report: European retailers can’t order
- Report: Nintendo NX production to be at 9-10