Project CARS vs. Real Life: One Lap at the Dubai Autodrome
Slightly Mad Studios have been hard at work on the latest iteration of Project CARS, with several Wii U improvements released. The above footage is not taken from the Wii U, but it is a comparison to show what a real life F1 speedway looks like in the game, versus the real thing it’s based on. It’s a pretty accurate representation and F1 fans should be happy to see the comparison.
Here’s a sample of what’s recently been worked on for the Wii U version of the game.
- Wii U Thread Setup for RVM/Envmap and Phase3 rendering
- Wii U – tweaked Gamma down again
- HUD Mirror rendering optimised for WiiU – uses it own aliased targets for phase1/2/3, removing a texture copy. Increased Mirror resolution + all in MEM1
- Wii U Increased thread priority for RenderThreads
- Wii U – various command buffer call state fixes + redundant sampler setting caching
- Wii U warning fix (CarPreviewObject)
- Rain lighting corrected – ambient-and-shadow buffer alias created for particles shadowing
- Wii U shader parameter setting optimisations
- Support for rendercontext SlopeScale bias (polygon offset in GX2 speak) : fixes shadow z-fighting/motherships