Earlier this year there was a big shakeup at Electronic Arts as the company saw CEO John Riccitiello step down. During Riccitiello’s reign as CEO, Electronic Arts was voted Worst Company in America by consumers for two years in a row. According to Andrew Wilson, the company doesn’t believe that it was actually the worst company in America, but that consumers were trying to tell them something. DING DING DING. You win, Andrew Wilson. You finally got the message.
“We started thinking about how we don’t want to be viewed as the worst company in America. I personally don’t think we’ve ever been the worst company in America, but it says something. The consumers out there are telling us something. And we actually took it very seriously. This was before Andrew was the CEO. We and [EA chief operating officer] Peter Moore and a couple of other guys in the executive company got together to try to understand what caused people to say these things. And there were some things out there that…consumers told us they didn’t like. online pass was one thing.”
Does this mean Nintendo will start receiving Electronic Arts games again? Who knows, but it looks like there are a lot of changes in store for the company as its new CEO settles into his role.
- Star Fox Zero is just $39 on Amazon right now
- Sonic Team head on his relationship with Nintendo
- Here’s a collection of fun moments in Z
- Prism Pets coming to Wii U on June 30
TAGS: EA, electronic arts, Nintendo, wii u