News out of Japan is grim this morning, as Kotaku is reporting that a 25 year-old Japanese man has been arrested for threatening to bomb Nintendo headquarters and kill two Nintendo executives. The identity of the executives has remained anonymous, but reports state that the man said he planned to kill them “sooner or later”.
Kyoto police arrested the man this morning and he has since admitted to the threats. One such threat was written on the Nintendo site. Police were able to track the IP address of the comment to the suspect’s computer at home. The threat written relates to bombing Nintendo headquarters, which the suspect believes will cause Nintendo to go bankrupt:
I’d planted bombs at Nintendo headquarters, tomorrow afternoon they’re going to blow up, Nintendo go bankrupt.
Kyoto police are currently investigating other threats from earlier in the year to determine if they’re connected to this incident.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X presentation live!
- More SNES games on Wii U unlikely, says Natsume
- Silver Mario amiibo coming May 29?
- Check out the amiibo-exclusive Splatoon costumes
TAGS: kyoto, Nintendo, nintendo headquarters