Warning: Video contains strong language.
It should be noted that now that the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 are in the wild and in consumers hands, many people are wondering which console has won the launch for this generation of consoles. Noted game critic Jim Sterling believes it was the Wii U and he backs it up with some pretty solid evidence, including:
– Wii U launch titles innovated in ways that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launch titles don’t
– Wii U currently achieves 1080p resolution in more titles than Xbox One or PlayStation 4
– Games for the Wii U have received amazing critical acclaim (Super Mario 3D World)
Overall, I have to agree with Jim Sterling’s assessment. While the Wii U had a significant drought period earlier this year, the console line up has some of the best titles to date and if I had to recommend a holiday gift for anyone this year, it would most certainly be the New Super Mario Bros. Wii U bundle. What do you think? Do you agree with the video?
- Rumor: Nintendo working on handheld codenamed MH
- Nintendo won't have a GDC 2017 presence this year
- River City Ransom Underground on Wii U?
- Super Mario Mash-Up wasn't Nintendo-created
TAGS: jimquisition, Nintendo, wii u