You may have seen our sister sites PS4 Daily and Xbox One Daily are seeking contributors (here and here), and with those respective consoles launching imminently, it makes sense. Nintendo’s Wii U has some stiff competition ahead, but if you’re like us, you’re still loving your console and continually hoping for exciting new games and announcements. Trust us: they’re coming. In fact, we’re anticipating so much Wii U awesomeness in the coming months that we’re hoping to get a little help with all the coverage.
That’s right… we want YOU to be on our team.
The gaming community is filled with passionate, educated enthusiasts with loads of insight and knowledge to share. Think you got what it takes? Then consider this your invitation to apply as a Contributing Author on the Wii U Daily team.
What is a Contributing Author?
The contributor position is an unpaid position. It provides a great opportunity to be published on a reputable news source. It’s a resume builder, opportunity to “get your name out there”, and allows you to engage in an open dialogue with a vibrant game-loving community.
What are the expectations of a Contributing Author?
Contributing Authors will be expected to publish a minimum of 1-3 articles each week. They’ll communicate closely with the editorial team via E-Mail, Skype, and other means, passing back and forth story ideas that could be either time sensitive or open ended. Maybe you already spend your time digging through gaming sites and social media and would love to bring the information to our readers with your own spin. Maybe you’ve always wanted to create videos, write tutorial articles, or compose full blown reviews of the newest games. We’re looking for a diverse set of contributors who can help take Xbox One Daily to the next level.
How can you apply?
- Send an E-Mail to rob[at]gamefans[dot]com
- Copy and paste “WUD Contributing Author” in the subject line… without the quotes
- Tell us your name, age, location and a little bit about yourself
- Tell us why you would make a great Contributing Author
- Tell us how much time each week you hope to dedicate to Xbox One Daily (be realistic!) and what type of content you would most like to contribute
- Copy/Paste/Link us (no attachments) to related writing samples in the WUD style
- Give us an idea of what you’ll bring to the table by sharing a few unique article ideas you would enjoy writing
- Convince us that you’re the “go-getter” we’re seeking!
TAKE YOUR TIME
We’re looking for quality applicants, not how quickly you can show your interest/urgency. We’re expecting a large number of inquiries and will be unable to respond to every person. If we’re interested, expect to hear back from us in the coming days, at which point we’ll narrow down the field of candidates with some follow up questions.
- There will be two Zelda Wii U demos at E3
- Inti Creates CEO hates new Mighty No. 9 trailer
- Hello Kitty headed to Super Mario Maker
- Mighty No. 9 trailer has questionable marketing