As 2013 is winding down, it’s getting to be the time when we’ll see awards such as “game of the year” and “studio of the year” being given out. Amazon of Japan has a list of the best-selling games of 2013, and Monster Hunter 4 has come out on top. Below are the top ten best selling games across all platforms:
- Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
- Pokémon X (3DS)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
- Pokémon Y (3DS)
- Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3)
- Tomodachi Collection: New Life (3DS)
- Yakuza 5 (PS3)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (3DS)
As you can see, the 3DS has a lot of hot games right now, though I wonder how high Pokemon would be if the two versions were calculated together instead of separately. Also interesting to note is that no Wii U games made the top ten, though New Super Mario Bros. U made the top 20.
Monster Hunter 4 is a game that has yet to be released in America, but there has been plenty of buzz about the game coming westward. Capcom themselves have acknowledged the demand of the game. Western fans like myself have been waiting eagerly for this game–and with it’s success in Japan–it’s reasonable to believe our wait could be coming to an end soon.
Are you excited for this game? I know I am!
- The upcoming NES Mini console has a brand new
- Mario games dominate the Wii U eShop sales ch
- The very first Wii U game, Nintendo Land, is
- Nintendo: we have to do better with the launc