[Edit: Balloon Fight can be accessed in Wii and Wii U mode, while Lost Levels remains a Wii emulation-only title.]
Nintendo has finally updated the games for this month’s Club Nintendo coin awards, with two new Nintendo 3DS games and two new Wii games joining the mix. If you’re confused why I called them Wii games when they’re clearly advertised as Wii U games, that’s the twist. These games have to be accessed using Wii mode on the Wii U, instead of booting like regular virtual console games.
Nintendo is doing its best to scrub the original Wii branding from just about everything it can, but it’s really no different than the Wii games on offer previously and if you still happen to have a Wii but no Wii U, you can redeem these games. On offer this month are:
- Balloon Fight for Wii/Wii U
- Super Mario Bros. : The Lost Levels for Wii/Wii U
- Mario’s Picross for Nintendo 3DS
- Starship Defense for Nintendo 3DS
Hopefully Nintendo will do more to offer virtual console games on the actual Wii U, instead of Wii emulation mode.
- Happy Independence Day from Wii U Daily!
- Rumor: Nintendo NX won’t compete with P
- The accessory Sony built for Nintendo for the SNES
- Skylanders Superchargers trailer showcases Nintendo characters
TAGS: club nintendo, wii u