Last week Nintendo launched their Miiverse social network, originally unique to the Wii U, onto the 3DS. With it came various communities users could post in for different 3DS games such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf or The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
The initial selection of Miiverse communities was strangely limited though. Notably missing from the list were several of Nintendo’s popular older 3DS titles such as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening or Kid Icarus: Uprising. None of their Virtual Console titles had communities.
Well, that all changed as of yesterday when Nintendo added communities for several of their older titles. The new communities that were added are:
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Mario Tennis Open
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Star Fox 64 3D
- FIFA 14
- Pilotwings Resort
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters / Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique
This still isn’t all of the games the 3DS has to offer, not by a long shot. It doesn’t even include any Virtual Console titles, but it’s a start and it shows that Nintendo is planning to add communities for older titles onto Miiverse. Hopefully we’ll see even more communities on Miiverse for an even bigger selection of games.
What do you think? Have you looked through any of these new communities yet? Are there any games you’re particularly hoping to see a community for? Let us know in the comments below!
- Fans resurrect hidden levels from Super Mario Advance 4
- Symphony of the Goddesses on Colbert's Late Show
- English version of Splatnet goes live
- New Smash patch to fix Diddy Kong bug