Time gives 10 reasons why the Wii U is a worthy purchase
Now that all three next-gen consoles are out in the wild, many publications are scrambling to tell consumers what they should buy this holiday season. Many are opting to ignore the Wii U, but Time writer Matt Peckham has listed 10 reasons why he thinks the Wii U is a better purchase than either Sony or Microsoft’s offerings.
While Peckham has good things to say for the Wii U, he also lists a few of Nintendo’s faults with the system that need to be addressed. They’re pretty valid points. Check out the list below and if you want to read the full article, you can find it here.
- Because it has the games you want to play now.
- And it’ll have the games you want to play next year.
- The Wii U GamePad is a portable console.
- It’s just $300 — $100 less than the PS4 and $200 less than the Xbox One.
- There’s no annual subscription fee.
- It’s High Def enough.
- Wii U games are cheaper on balance.
- Nintendo has the Virtual Console and backwards compatibility. Sony and Microsoft have nada.
- It has a decent indie lineup, too.
- It’s more than just a game system. (TV, remote integration)
Nintendo needs to work on:
- Dropping the system price again.
- Needs a killer Zelda or Metroid or new Nintendo IP we haven’t seen before, ASAP.
- And it needs more third-party games.