Last night a rumor from Japanese magazine Nikkei said Nintendo was looking into creating “mini-games” for the mobile market. This sparked a huge debate online, thanks to Kotaku’s article. This morning Nintendo has actually addressed the rumor, stating it’s not true. Here’s the full statement.
“Nikkei’s article contains information previously stated by Mr Iwata during past press conferences, including statements which relate to Nintendo’s willingness to make use of smart devices to promote our products.
However during such past announcements Mr Iwata has also stated that Nintendo’s intention is not to make Nintendo software available on smart devices and as such, we can confirm that there are no plans to offer minigames on smartphone devices. “
For those of you who hoped this was true and that you’d be able to play Mario games on mobile devices that aren’t created by Nintendo, looks like you’re going to wait a bit longer. While the Wii U may not be doing fantastically compared to the new consoles, Nintendo as a company is still sitting in a better financial position than Sony.
- 5 cool secrets in the new Mario Kart 8 DLC Pa
- Xenoblade Chronicles X presentation live!
- More SNES games on Wii U unlikely, says Natsume
- Silver Mario amiibo coming May 29?