Just a quick update here: ReVen, the Metroid-inspired 2D shooter by Varia Games, has reached its primary Kickstarter funding goal! With eleven more days in its campaign, the game has over $22,000 in support. As is the case with any game that triumphantly meets its funding goal early, the name of the game now is stretch goals.
You can find the whole (quite long) list of these goals over on the game’s Kickstarter page. Interestingly, it will take a whopping $100k in funding for the game to have unique Wii U GamePad features.
In addition to seeking stretch goal funding from new backers, the developers have also crafted a unique add-on reward system that incentivizes existing backers to pledge more cash. Rewards for backing are tiered in typical Kickstarter fashion. But for those of you that have already pledged, you can receive even more rewards by pledging incremental amounts (i.e. stay in the same tier, get more stuff).
- Add $10 – Additional Digital Copy of the Game for any platform
- Add $10 – Unlock the Exo Gear
- Add $30 – Official ReVeN T-Shirt (of your choice)
- Add $60 – Official ReVeN Hoodie (of your choice)
- Add $60 – Printed Art Book (unsigned artbook)
ReVen’s Kickstarter page has a plethora of information about the game and is often updated.
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U won't be out in 2015
- 1001 Spikes getting off-TV play patch next month
- Xenoblade Chronicles' success is Monolith Soft's redemption
- Nintendo wasn't cornered into mobile, says Iwata
TAGS: Kickstarter, reven, wii u eshop