Shin’en Multimedia has just announced their new game for Wii U that had been teased. It is called The Art of Balance, and looks to be a really souped up port of The Art of Balance: TOUCH!, their 3DS game that was originally a WiiWare title.
Some of the new features for the game include:
- Off-TV play, and multiple control schemes such as analogue, touch screen and Wii Remote.
- Multiple online and local multiplayer modes for both competitive or co-operative play. Up to five players can participate in the various modes at once — one on GamePad, four on Wii Remotes — while up to ten people can play across two Wii Us in online matches.
- Online Leaderboards will be a feature, and their goal is to be region free.
- HD graphics that incorporate all new designs and locations (A few pictures below).
- More accurate physics that are processed at 240 frames-per-second (as opposed to the 30 FPS physics that the 3DS featured)
- All the levels from the previous games, and then some.
All in all, it sounds like the developers are really taking advantage of the Wii U hardware, using all of its power to make the physics and animations even more smooth. Not to mention being one of the few Wii U games that has online play.
It’s really great to see indie developers finding a good home on the Wii U, and I can’t wait to try this game out! How about you?