Team Colorblind has released a trailer for their upcoming game Aztez, which they plan on releasing on Wii U. It’s a hybrid of strategy and beat ’em up in which the player assumes the role of an Aztec warrior in order to dominate the battlefield in strategy mode, while winning every fight in the fighting mode. Billed as a mixture between conquest and brutality, the game sports a unique color palette and art style. Other features include:
- 4+ complete weapon sets: the spear, the club, the ritual knife, the legendary obsidian sword, and more.
- Finely tuned array of enemies based on the Aztec archetypes: the Eagle warriors, the Jaguar warriors, the Noble warriors, the combat Priests, and more.
- Customizable avatar; beat the gear off of your enemies and wear it!
- 30+ combat environments based on real Aztec cities.
On top of the strategy and beat ’em up mashup is a procedurally generated game at heart, so each game is different. Different events can happen that affect your army and strategy, as well as different challenges and different spoils of war once the battle is won. Check out the trailer above for more information on the game and expect to see more once the team is back from GDC this week.
- Nintendo NX Mock-Up Looks Great
- Pokemon Go Plus delayed until September
- Nintendo posts huge quarterly loss
- Nintendo’s NX will feature detachable c
TAGS: aztez, Nintendo, team colorblind, wii u