After launching a Kickstarter last year during the hectic holiday season, Norweigan developer SnowCastle Games decided to pull the Festival of Magic Kickstarter and relaunch at a later date. That’s now, as the developer is back with a brand new Kickstarter and a few changes this time around. Instead of just being called Festival of Magic, the game has the appellation Earthlock: Festival of Magic, which is much more interesting in terms of what’s going on with the game and the world.
The game is a traditional turn-based JRPG with a focus on story and puzzles, but with an additional Harvest Moon like element of growing your own crops to use for ammunition. Check out the video above to see more about the project, which looks to be an ambitious project. Some of the features of the game will include:
- Rich, non-linear story
- Turn-based combat (No Active Time Battle)
- Combat pairs (Allows more variations to your battle team)
- Grow your own ammunition (Organic crafting)
- Build and improve your home base
- Environmental Puzzles
- Gorgeous Overworld with a retro feel
- No random encounters (Monsters visible at all times)
- Play as Male or Female protagonist (You can switch at any time)
Some of the screenshots from the official Kickstarter page are absolutely gorgeous and serve to highlight the unique art style very well. The Wii U is starving for good RPGS and it looks like Earthlock: Festival of Magic could be one of the first to make it onto the system, with your help.
- Save 30% on select indies in Runbow promotion
- The Wii U needs a price drop now more than ever
- Nintendo eShop: Race the Sun, Whispering Willows & more
- Voice actors union votes 96% yes to potential strike