If you were looking forward to digging your shovel into the 16-bit world of Shovel Knight come the end of the month, you’ll have to wait a little big longer. Through an update on their Kickstarter page, Yacht Club Games has announced that Shovel Knight will miss the projected March 31st release date by a few weeks. No concrete date is given because the team wants to make sure they have a date secure with both Nintendo and Steam.
As for what’s causing the delay, the development team outlined the things they’re still working on to make sure the release goes smoothly, including:
- Dialogue and scripted events are being finalized
- Finishing touches put on level design for the final levels
- Overall game balancing
- Platform specific standards so everything runs smoothly on your system of choice!
- Testing, testing, testing… on all platforms!
Of course this seems like quite a bit to get done in just a few weeks, including the testing. It’s likely we’ll probably see Shovel Knight at the end of April or so. This is a bummer for those who were looking forward to playing the game, but as Miyamoto says, a delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.
- Pachter: Zelda will help sell 10 million NX c
- Nintendo 64 and Super Mario 64 turn 20 years
- Xbox boss Phil Spencer: “Zelda looked g
- Was Mighty No. 9 a scam? [VIDEO]
TAGS: Kickstarter, Nintendo, Shovel Knight, wii u, Yacht Club Games