Two Tribes have announced that they’re bringing an updated of the original Sword & Soldiers to Wii U to tide everyone over until the release of Sword & Soldiers II. The team says they’ve upgraded the game so it feels right at home on the Wii U GamePad, in addition to taking advantage of the HD capabilities of the sytem.
Sword and Soldiers is Ronimo Games’ break out indie title that launched the studio into the success they’ve seen since it original released. The game follows the Viking’s quest to make the ultimate barbeque sauce and along the way, players can command troops of berserkers, dart blowers, ninja monkeys and more.
Here’s the full list of features:
- The classic Swords & Soldiers experience.
- Playable with custom touch scheme on Gamepad.
- Playable with Wii remote on TV.
- Multiplayer mode combining GamePad and TV.
- High res HD graphics compared to SD Wii release.
- Expected release end of April / Early May.
- Low TBA introduction price.
- The ultimate BBQ sauce.
Right now there’s no official release date, but the team hopes to have it ready by April or May. According to the official blog post of the announcement, the game is currently undergoing localization and bug testing. We’ll let you know when the final release date and price for the title have been announced.
- Toys R Us cancelled amiibo pre-orders because of Nintendo
- Amazon Prime is a great gift idea
- Next Mario game could be on the Wii U successor
- Shigeru Miyamoto discusses discontinued amiibo