When Mutant Mudd’s developer Renegade Kid first announced Cult County, it was as a Nintendo 3DS title. Now that the Kickstarter for the game is live, it looks like the Nintendo 3DS platform has been abandoned and in its place, we find the developer is now targeting release on the Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Currently the game has a $580,000 goal to reach within the next 29 days.
As for the game itself, it’s a first person survival horror game that features exploration and episodic content, similar to how Telltale has delivered The Walking Dead over the past few years. According to the developer, the game will focus on memorable character interactions with a story driven by tension, mystery, and scares. Here are a few of the highlighted features from the Kickstarter page:
- Rebirth of the survival horror FPS genre, crafted with fan input.
- Story-driven gameplay, featuring memorable character interactions.
- Small West Texas town filled with tension, mystery, and scares.
- Vulnerable and personalized melee and firearm combat.
- Varied cast of creepy enemy encounters and devious boss battles.
If you’re interested in checking out the pitch video for the Kickstarter, you can find it below. We’ve reached out to the developer for an interview to discuss the Wii U version of the game, so keep checking back for more information!
- OlliOlli is first 3rd party cross-buy title on Wii U & 3DS
- Scalpers selling gold Mario amiibo for 700% markup
- Shadow Blade: Reload coming to Wii U
- New Wii U game port teased by Tantalus
TAGS: cult county, jools watsham, renegade kid