Over the weekend a new Kickstarter for a game went live that’s described as a combination between Mirror’s Edge and Jet Set Radio. If you’re not familiar with those titles, they both feature parkour elements in a futuristic setting with a semi-open world feeling. Hover: Revolt of Gamers hopes to capture that feeling by offering a fully open world parkour experience with 100% freedom of movement.
According to the developer, the game will also be designed so that it can be taken from single player to multiplayer sessions with just the click of a button. Here’s a look at everything the game plans to offer:
- Crazy sensations of freedom and movement
- In a 100% explorable openworld inside a vast futuristic extra-terrestrial city
- Colorful cartoon HD graphics
- Numerous characters to unlock and play
- An experience system and a skill grid per character
- join various clans
- A dynamical scenarisation without interruptions
- Non linear adventure and missions
- The game can be switched to multiplayer at any time
- Ability to create real time multiplayer events
- First and third person view
- Compatible and particularly adapted to the Oculus Rift
- Gameplay technique through a quick and intuitive handling
While the initial $38k goal is just for the PC version of the game, the developers have stated that a Wii U stretch goal will be possible if the Kickstarter reaches $100k. That’s looking to be possible if the game keeps up the momentum it has right now, as it still has 31 days to go and it has already collected $14k of the necessary funds. If you’d be interested in seeing this one making the jump to Wii U, consider backing it.