Media Create has released their numbers from last week in Japan, with a surprising twist. After last week saw a sales boost across the board that could be attributed to a new tax law going into effect this week, hardware sales are back down to where they’ve been over the past few weeks. The Wii U saw a drop in sales down to around 8k, while the PS Vita claimed the top spot for hardware again. While the Nintendo 3DS still technically outsold it when including both the LL and the normal variant, the normal-sized 3DS dropped to number five behind the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 3.
As for new software, Just Dance Wii U released in Japan last week and managed to sell 18k copies, taking the spot at number five. This week Nintendo only has three titles in the top ten, two being 3DS and one being Wii U. The rest belongs to Sony as a mixture between PS Vita and PS3. Even the PS4 can’t get any love for the top ten.
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour – 47,106 (257,873)
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 – 25,572 (192,514)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch – 23,663 (686,387)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 20,799 (179,031)
- [Wii U] Just Dance Wii U – 18,403 (New)
- [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd – 16,111 (114,738)
- [PS3] J-Stars Victory VS – 13,417 (114,738)
- [PSV] J-Stars Victory VS – 11,876 (134,522)
- [PS3] Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd – 10,278 (70,243)
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 – 10,081 (90,876)
- PlayStation Vita – 25,017 (39,752)
- 3DS LL – 22,947 (52,124)
- PlayStation 4 – 13,401 (23,327)
- PlayStation 3 – 10,871 (17,154)
- 3DS – 9,091 (12,508)
- Wii U – 7,962 (13,026)
- PSP – 2,892 (4,206)
- PlayStation Vita TV – 1,371 (2,115)
- Xbox 360 – 276 (304)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X presentation live!
- More SNES games on Wii U unlikely, says Natsume
- Silver Mario amiibo coming May 29?
- Check out the amiibo-exclusive Splatoon costumes
TAGS: Japanese sales, nintendo 3ds