As always we start seeing rumors cropping up about a month before E3 with supposed lists of all the games that will be available on the show floor. It happened last year and it’s happening this year, so take this with a grain of salt. Sometimes it turns out to be true, but most of the time it’s filler. Still, if anything on the list does happen to exist, color us excited. So let’s dig into it.
The list leak includes Sony and Microsoft, but we’re not getting into that. We’re here for the Nintendo stuff! Here’s what this rumored document says will be playable at Nintendo’s booth this year. It should be noted that it does mention the Nintendo Treehouse, which we know will be on hand this year at E3.
- Bayonetta 2
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 (3DS)
- Hyrule Warriors
- Mario Kart 8
- Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate (3DS)
- Pokken Fighters
- Sonic Boom
- Super Smash Bros. U
- Super Smash Bros. 3D
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare
- Xenogears: Origins
So how much stock do I put in these rumors? Not much. It seems fishy that Nintendo would dedicate any show space to Mario Kart 8, since the game will have been released by the time E3 takes place. E3 is about showcasing the upcoming, not what’s currently available to your customers to purchase.
The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare is also a pretty nonsensical title for a game and I doubt there’s any credence behind it. What do you think of these rumors?
- SEGA reveals new Sonic game, coming to NX in
- Introducing the GameFans website!
- Nintendo releases trailer for the NES Classic
- Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard get free dem