Pier Solar HD for Wii U has been delayed, developer WaterMelon reported on Saturday on their official website. The delay has been blamed on the game failing to pass internal requirements to meet certification on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. What’s that have to do with the Wii U? Well, the team wants to make sure that the game is released on all consoles at the same time, so the Wii U version has to wait for the Xbox version to meet certification.
Microsoft already evaluated Pier Solar as well but we failed some internal requirements on the certification and we’re correcting them for the next submission. This also impacts Wii U and PlayStation(s) submissions since we want to send it as clean as possible so that we don’t get another failed certification. Luckily, the process doesn’t take as long as we thought, so the perspectives to getting a release date gets better. As soon as we’re certified on all platforms we’ll announce the date and put it on the street.
To help soften the blow of the delay for its fans, WaterMelon also used the opportunity to detail what’s coming in the Director’s Cut of the game, including new places to explore with new bosses and storylines that are wrapped up beyond what the original release offered. In addition, here’s what else is new:
- There are new places to explore, with new bosses and new chests to open.
- Some loose ends got tied. Why is Alina the only elf? Why are our heroes the chosen ones? Why Zelini and Alina don’t get along? Find out all about it on PSHD.
- New ending. In addition to the original Pier Solar ending, a new ending is possible. Maybe a secret ending too?
- New sidequests.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X almost too big for Wii U disc
- Check out Tingle's moves in Hyrule Warriors
- Smash update brings new maps to 8 player Smash
- Nintendo launches YouTube revenue share
TAGS: pier solar hd, watermelon