Today Nintendo has confirmed several things in regards to their holiday line up for 2014. Perhaps the most important of these is the pricing for Amiibo figures, which will be priced at $12.99 per figure. In addition, Nintendo announced several new hardware bundles for both the Nintendo Wii U and the Nintendo 2DS.
The Amiibo figures you see in the image above are the Amiibo Series 1 release. The first round of characters for the Amiibo series includes Mario, Peach, Samus, Yoshi, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Donkey Kong and Fox. More figures will be produced in additional series, this is just the launch round-up for the figures.
Sites like Amazon are already taking pre-orders for Amiibo figures and there’s no telling how fast they’ll sell considering how popular Super Smash Bros. and Nintendo characters are in general. Here’s a look at the hardware bundles announced by Nintendo:
Super Smash Bros. bundle
Fans who register both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS version of the game with Club Nintendo will receive the Super Smash Bros. Premium Sound Selection, a soundtrack CD with music taken from the game.
New Hardware Bundles
- Super Mario 3D World Deluxe Set – This hardware bundle will be available in mid-September and will feature the Wii U deluxe set, as well as a physical copy of Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. Retail price is $299.99.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set – This bundle is exclusive to Walmart and will be available in mid-September as well. This bundle includes the Wii U deluxe set and a physical copy of Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land.
- New Nintendo 2DS Bundles – In October, several new Nintendo 2DS bundles will be hitting stores. New colors include Electric Blue, Crimson Red, and Sea Green. Each of these will include a download code for Mario Kart 7 from the Nintendo eShop. Bundles will be priced at $129.99.
- SEGA reveals new Sonic game, coming to NX in
- Introducing the GameFans website!
- Nintendo releases trailer for the NES Classic
- Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard get free dem
TAGS: amiibo, Nintendo, nintendo 3ds, wii u