[UPDATE: Today Nintendo of America confirmed that this update will be available in North America on August 27, the same date as Japan and Europe.]
With Mario Kart 8 firmly in the hands of nearly 3 million players across the globe for two months now, Nintendo has announced a huge update for the game that will be hitting later this month. One of the perks of this update is the free Mercedes DLC pack that debuted in Japan through a partnership with Mercedes to advertise the Mercedes GLA.
Aside from this bonus material, the update will also include an optional on-screen map on the TV, which is something gamers have been asking for since before the game released. Other highlights of this update include the standard option for after a race concludes to be on the next race button, rather than view highlights. Here’s a quick changelog:
- Scoreboard area can be selected so you can view your total coins, online record of wins and losses, selection of characters, and so on.
- Online communication and races will have improved stability.
- Other minor fixes to problems.
This update has been scheduled in Europe and Japan for August 27, though no date has been set for North America yet. We’ll keep you updated once Nintendo releases the schedule for North America.
- Super Mario 64 DS coming to Wii U eShop tomor
- Super Nintendo turns 25 years old today
- Check out 30 minutes of footage from the canc
- FAST Racing Neo gets new DLC trailer
TAGS: mario kart 8, Nintendo, wii u