Unlike Media Create’s weekly release of numbers for the Japanese market, NPD Group only release their top ten list once a month and then it doesn’t share exact numbers for software sold with anyone. That being said, their top ten list still gives us a look at how well certain games are performing in the market.
This chart is dominated by The Last of Us for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, as the remastered version was released in July. Following that is the console version of Minecraft, FIFA 14, and then Watch Dogs, clocking in at number four. Mario Kart 8 has managed to hang on in the top ten at number five, while the rest of the top of the charts is filled with games that were mostly released last year.
It’s great to see Nintendo maintain a top spot with Mario Kart 8 and NPD Group confirmed that Wii U sales have been up compared to the same period last year.
Nintendo confirmed that Wii U sales are up 60 percent through the first seven months of 2014 compared to the same period last year. That’s largely due to the popularity of Mario Kart 8.
1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360,PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
If Nintendo can keep this pace, they’ll have a top ten game in the NPD Group report all the way through the holiday season, which will mean a much better performance for the Wii U than we’ve seen in the past.
- Mario 30th anniversary Hot Wheels on the way
- Check out this crazy Splatoon domino set up
- New music coming to Splatoon on August 6
- Dragon Quest is skipping the Wii U entirely
TAGS: mario kart 8, Nintendo, npd group