Last year when Image & Form released SteamWorld Dig on the Nintendo 3DS, it was an instant hit and deservedly so. The game was quirky and fun, provided several hours of gameplay, and had plenty of easter eggs for dedicated Nintendo fans to find. Either way, it was so enjoyable I reached out to the developers of Image & Form and asked them when they would be bringing the title to Wii U. They didn’t have an answer for me then, but they do now.
SteamWorld Dig is coming to Wii U on August 28. The game will be released in Australia, the Americas, and Europe at the same time, in 1080p running at a full 60fps. The game supports off-TV play with the GamePad, or you can use the Pro Controller to play. If you played the game on the Nintendo 3DS last year and you’re wondering what the differences between this version and that version are, here’s a short list:
- HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
- Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
- Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Will you be picking up this title once it is released?
- Nintendo considering linking its mobile apps to the NX
- Project Elea was just announced and its targeting the NX
- Nintendo president briefly discusses the NX launch
- Sonic Boom almost killed Big Red Button as a studio
TAGS: image & form, Nintendo, steamworld dig, wii u