Nintendo is doing everything they can to make sure even Wii U fans who weren’t able to go to Los Angeles for E3 this week will have a good time with their games. Today, Nintendo announced the Nindies @ Home initiative, which provides demos for nine unreleased games on Wii U. The games are slated to be released over the course of the following year and if you download the demo, you’ll get 15% off the title once it’s available for launch.
Here’s what Nintendo had to say about the new initiative:
Independent developers continue to impress us with great digital games and experiences for the Nintendo eShop on Wii U,” said Damon Baker, Nintendo of America’s Senior Marketing Manager of Publisher and Developer Relations. “We want to give people at home a taste of the fun of E3, along with the chance to try some amazing games before they launch later this year.
The games included in this promotion are:
- Runbow from 13AM Games
- Typoman from Headup Games and Brainseed Factory
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from Renegade Kid
- Freedom Planet from Galaxy Trail
- Lovely Planet from tinybuild and QUICKTEQUILA
- forma.8 from Mixed Bag
- RIVE from Two Tribes
- Soul Axiom from Wales Interactive
- Extreme Exorcism from Ripstone
Several of the titles have been teased for a while now, including Extreme Exorcism, Soul Axiom, forma.8, and more. If any of them catch your eye and you think you might want to play them, be sure to download the demo on the Wii U eShop to secure that 15% discount for launch.
- Check out these awesome themed Nintendo Switc
- Nintendo: Switch is a new platform, not a suc
- WiiUDaily's Big Switch
- Rumored Nintendo Switch specs reveal a pretty