Nintendo’s woes with the Wii U have prompted several analysts and journalists to wonder if they may be next on the list for Disney to devour, after the entertainment giant snapped up Marvel and LucasFilms. While it’ll likely never happen given how Nintendo has always adapted to new business models, a rumor has cropped up that Nintendo and Disney will be teaming up for various projects from video games to movies.
We’ve already seen a small taste of that partnership with Wreck-it-Ralph, where Bowser made an appearance at a Villains Anonymous meeting that Ralph attends. So what does the new rumor say? Well, it seems likely that Nintendo may be working out a deal with Disney to do dual amiibo/Disney Infinity figures in the same way that Nintendo partnered with Activision for Skylanders Superchargers. Here’s a short summary of what’s been rumored to be happening between the two companies.
- amiibo are not included in Disney Infinity 3.0 because both companies are yet to set an agreement
- Disney wanted to have Mario figurine in Disney Infinity, but Nintendo hasn’t made a deal yet
- Mario could star in Disney films, such as Wreck-It Ralph 2
- Disney wants a game where Mario and Mickey meet up
- Nintendo is open to the idea, but want to set their own pace for it
Do you think Nintendo should be more open to their characters appearing in other franchises?
- Wii U has sold 560,000 units so far this (fis
- Nintendo Switch trailer doesn’t represe
- Analyst: Nintendo Switch could cost $250 and
- Check out these awesome themed Nintendo Switc