As expected, Nintendo has confirmed that they will be bringing Street Fighter’s Ryu and Fire Emblem’s Roy to the Super Smash Bros roster. We first reported on the rumor that these two might join the roster yesterday.
Ryu can be purchased for $6, which also includes the Suzaku Castle stage from the Street Fighter series. The $6 is for either the Wii U or 3DS versions of the game, or for $7, players can purchase Ryu for both.
Roy is a bit cheaper, and will cost only $4 for the Wii U or 3DS, or $5 for both. Roy was last seen in Super Smash Bros. Melee. While the Roy character DLC is cheaper, it doesn’t include any new stages.
Nintendo is also bringing Lucas from Mother 3 to the roster. Lucas carries the same price as Roy: the DLC costs $4 for one system or $5 for both.
Finally, Nintendo is bringing a new fighting stage as well. The Dreamland stage, which was featured in the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64, costs $2.
Additionally, Nintendo has released a bunch of new Mii Fighter costumes, including Isabelle from Animal Crossing, MegaMan.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network, ZERO from Mega Man X, the Inkling Girl and Boy and the squid hat from Splatoon, and Tekken fighter Heihachi.
In summary, here’s the full lineup of the new Super Smash Bros content:
- Ryu + Suzaku Castle stage ($6)
- Roy ($4)
- Lucas ($4)
- Dreamland stage ($2)
- New Mii Fighter costumes, set of 8 ($6 for the pack, $0.75 individually)
Nintendo also released the Super Smash Bros 1.0.8 patch, which includes the following changes/updates:
- Users will be able to purchase newly added downloadable content.
- Added compatibility with the NFC Reader/Writer accessory, scheduled to be released in 2015. Users will be able to use amiibo accessories with their Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS systems and compatible games using the NFC Reader/Writer.
- Adjustments have also been made for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Finally, you can find the full Nintendo Direct stream with these announcement below:
- Nintendo Switch trailer doesn’t represe
- Analyst: Nintendo Switch could cost $250 and
- Check out these awesome themed Nintendo Switc
- Nintendo: Switch is a new platform, not a suc
TAGS: DLC, Nintendo, Super Smash Bros, wii u